Factory Chambers

onehole

Just a heads up really,,,we all know that rifles even same make and model etc can be a little different to each other but have just compared my relatively

new Howa 223 Varmint to another new Howa which has the longer barrel,,,,both 1:9 twist. the throating was a good 40 thou different,,,ie measuring with the same bullet to the lands. As I said just a heads up nothing untoward but never assume,,,,O

Just a heads up really,,,we all know that rifles even same make and model etc can be a little different to each other but have just compared my relativelynew Howa 223 Varmint to another new Howa which has the longer barrel,,,,both 1:9 twist. the throating was a good 40 thou different,,,ie measuring with the same bullet to the lands. As I said just a heads up nothing untoward but never assume,,,,O

How many rounds down the longer barrelled rifle?

How many rounds down the longer barrelled rifle?

Appx 70 ,,,,the longer barrel has the shortest chamber,,,,my rifle[20 inch] has appx 270 rounds down it and has the longest chamber. We were comparing 60g Vmax and the longer barrel was touching lands at 2.283 and my 20 inch was 2.325,,,,,OAL,,,,O

I once asked Sako how they chambered their barrels for 223 1:12 and 1:8,,,,reply was "they used same reamer dimensions",,,,must be a good compromise I guess,,,have a very high regard for Sako like most I,m sure,,,,,,O

Archived