An exiting wait and small victory laugh... ?

Foxdropper

So finally after much waiting.. the combining and silaging is done !

Which means one thing for me- more action for the rifle !!

So the keeper friend of mine had been given a few tip offs by the estate workers where they had seen a vixen and possibly 3 cubs- so i went in the afternoon to pick a spot to sit up.. i got there to find a cracking little bump in the ground that gave me 360 arcs and plenty of back stops for a possible log shot if needed ! ???

I set off out about 1930hrs to get settled in place.. i was soon shaking with 'fox fever' ?

HqqZbqj.jpg

Looking to my far left i saw a fox mooching about 300 yards away ! Had to do the groaining lift and shuffle on belly with the rifle.. i got eyes on trough the scope but he was moving with purpose.. i almost barked at him but decided to leave him be.. he mooched behind cover and i hoped he would come out closer to me.

15 mins goes by of slight heart pumping observing with the binos to then

And i see another fox around 250 yards away on the edge of a game cover !

Once again i did the calm but urgent groan and shuffle with the rifle, rotated and got set up ?

Quickly lazed where i wanted to take the shot and where he was mooching towards, 'here he comes....'

'Ptsssssshhhoooooooooo............... THWOP !!!'

Fox down and a small victory laugh to myself whilst i look 360 again to make sure his mate hadnt come back ???

O2bYCd3.jpg

He dropped on the spot ! Light was going fast to the point where previously recognised clumps of grass were starting to look like reynard ?..

Time to pick him up and move off quietly !

7ljIBfO.jpg

jtK9b7u.jpg

All in all a good sit out and a good spot found potentially for more rifle action !

???????

• 2 weeks later...

Evening geezers !

There will be a few more write ups soon to come !

Once all crop has dissapeared (plus the beans)

So i home load and like to use an 87 grain v max in a lapua case with varget giving it the push

Its a semi custom rifle in .243 bedded in a robertson stock,

I had it made by 'Baldie' a few years ago ! Still shoots as sweet as it did then ?????

Good to see a post with pictures of a bit of varminting.

I like the 243 as a fox stopper I use 41g of Vit 550 and a 95g Nosler it realy does stop the big foxs in thier tracks.

Archived