AT & AX Difference ?

Tikka4Sika

Not a great deal, though the AT comes with no rail as standard (I stand to be corrected)

I have an AXMC in 338 and Aw in 308, plus in the safe an AT in 308 that I am putting a scope on for a friend. The AT is much more refined than the AW.

The AT vs AX (new style) it's a stock difference, the AX is more modular with different length for forends, tubular forends to mount NV or a over the barrel type bipod, right folder etc. The AX in the AXMC form - 338 makes more sense to me as a long action that can be adapted down to a 308 bolt face or 300wm. The merits or demerits of using a 22mm bolt diameter for a 308 can be argued.

My way of thinking about it - the AXMC with the caliber changes is your full kit job, the AX 308 for those wanting the AXMC features (stock)with just a small bolt face and receivier (same as AT). The AT is your thinking blokes AI.

The AT in the safe has a 20moa picatinny scope rail on it and key slots under the forend. The bipod mount will always be closer to the bore line with an AX forend.

Archived