Calibre Re-sale Query

Brillo

This is an academic question at this stage as I'm not actually selling the rifle in question just yet, but.....

I have a rifle which was originally barrelled in 6.5x47L, which has been re-barrelled in .308 and is now my F TR rifle and every once in a while I refit the 6.5 barrel.

So, on my FAC is a 6.5 rifle and a spare .308 barrel.

What do I need to do if I want to sell the rifle in it's .308 configuration and keep the 6.5 barrel?

I think you should have the FAC varied to show it as a 308 with spare 6.5 barrel, then you can sell as such.

Makes things un complicated when you tell your licencing authority youve sold the rifle serialk number ..... in 308 configuration.

Brillo,as Ronin's advice-I'd phone your FLO and ask how they would like it done-probably as Ronin-but they after all,are the ultimate voice on this,especially wrt FAC wording,and are increasingly OK about switch barrels etc.

gbal

Thanks for the advice guys. I contacted my FEO and was pleasantly surprised at the response.

He said there is no need to do anything now and to leave it until I sell the rifle.

I obviously state on the buyer's FAC that it's a .308 rifle.

When I submit my notification of transfer of firearm form all I need to do is to state it was sold with the .308 barrel and that I retain the 6.5 barrel. They will then update my record accordingly.

I thought you only bought rifles mate, I've never heard of you selling one. Are you feeling ok?

Well, to be honest, I do have a touch of wine flu..

Archived