Schmidt pmii issue.

DM308

I have a PMii 5-25 in ffp milrad ccw scope p4f reticle.

It is still in warranty - so no issue there but . . . oddly after a days shoot (about 300 rounds of 308) it has developed two circular marks - one left and one right just above the horizontal on the reticle equidistant and only visible below 10 power - but they are bloody annoying.

Yes it is going back to schmidt - also annoying as i'm gonna be left without a scope for a while - but anyone know what they are?

Seem really strange and possibly a manufacturing issue?

Scope is on an AI AT 308 in a spuhr one piece mount and bought brand new in Oct last year.

Just wondering what it could be, if anyone has had anything similar, and what 'turn around' time i can expect - more importantly will it happen again?!!

Cheers

My guess is it is lubricant and I have seen it before with another European manufacturer of a new 'scope. I know it is obvious however have you checked with both eyes?

S&B are probably going to take anything up to 16 weeks right now so it is well worth contacting Sabine or whoever is there these days and explaining the situation and seeing if you can get it into the system yet hang onto it until they are ready for it.

Yes, probably oil, or maybe dust from a manufacturing slip up. There is one thing worth trying before you send it off though. Find a stack of old magazines; grasp your scope firmly in your strong hand and give it a few strong whacks against the top edge of the stack. A Schmidt is robust enough to take it, the paper won't damage the finish and it might just shift whatever has stuck to the lenses.

cheers guys - yep checked with both eyes - still there!!

16 weeks???? long time to have a rifle out of action !!!

Gonna give the 'spanking' tip a go - worth a go i suppose

Cheers

Ian

Archived