Photo

8x57mm mauser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scallopdiver

scallopdiver

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:shooting and diving seems to fill my time nicely!

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

hi

looking brass, dies and loads to suit an m48a mauser,also after stripper clips and sling,looking a lee mould also for this caliber as well

thanks

UKV Topic First Post Banner (sys)

#2 Grum87

Grum87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:Foxing, Reloading, tinkering.....
    FCSA and CVPC member. Shooting .38/357 LBR,.260rem, .303, 7.62x53r 7.92x57, and .338 soon!

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Don't have any goodies relating to 8x57/7.92x57 I can sell you, but in terms of load data, work up to 46gr of IMR4064 with a 198gr FMJ or 200gr Nosler/SMK. It's above the book max(which is well nerfed), it's quite stout on the recoil, but it's the best I've seen my Mauser shoot.

#3 scallopdiver

scallopdiver

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:shooting and diving seems to fill my time nicely!

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

thanks for the info,i will be mainly using this rifle for indoor use with gallery loads,have you any data on those loads

thanks

#4 Davesson

Davesson

Newbie or Infrequent Poster

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Rifles, Gong hunting, IPSC, wasting money on Rifles i don't need and Kayaking

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

hi

looking brass, dies and loads to suit an m48a mauser,also after stripper clips and sling,looking a lee mould also for this caliber as well

thanks

I've a few stripper clips for a mauser but they've picked up a little surface rust. I'll stick them in an envelope if you want. No charge. and If I can ever get the thing off again, a sling aswell. I'm about to get rid of my mauser so need.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users