RCBS scale tuning. - Suppressors / Moderators, Bipods, Anything else - UK Varminting

UKV Topic Header Banner (sys)
Photo

RCBS scale tuning.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 johnnyb0_1

johnnyb0_1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

Hi all, anybody able to help me with a guy who tunes the RCBS scales?  read something about tihs a couple of years ago.  Would appreciate a pointer in the right direction.  Thanks. JP. 

UKV Topic First Post Banner (sys)

#2 Brillo

Brillo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, shooting, photography, grandchildren and planning my 70th birthday bash.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

I had my scales tuned by a genius on here but i understand he's too busy to take on more.
Scott Parker in the US does it and you can find him on Facebook with a bit of painful searching.
The downside to using him is the shipping costs.

"I feel sorry for those who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning they know that's the best they'll feel all day" - Dean Martin.

#3 John MH

John MH

Advanced Member

• Global Moderator
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

Scott Gauthier-Parker 

vld223@yahoo.com

.223 Rem, 6XC, 6mmAR, .260 Rem, 308 Win, .303 Brit, .300 Blackout, Trident II D5

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best."
-- Voltaire 1694 - 1778

'The views in this posting do not represent the views of the NRA'

#4 Big Al

Big Al

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

When you include the shipping costs to Scott Parker what will the approx overall cost be?

#5 Elwood

Elwood

The "Grumpy Gamekeeper" AKA Mr Meldrew

• Global Moderator
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:31 AM

As far as I'm aware Scott Parker will now only tune RCBS scales that were made in America.
Ian

#6 Brillo

Brillo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, shooting, photography, grandchildren and planning my 70th birthday bash.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

He offered to tune my RCBS scales but it wasn't cost effective because of the two-way shipping. That was some time ago though.

"I feel sorry for those who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning they know that's the best they'll feel all day" - Dean Martin.

#7 rhhudson

rhhudson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Long range varmint
    6.5x47
    22lr
    12bore

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

I contacted Scott about this and he said it would be too expensive to ship so tried to sell me a set of redding already tuned but I wasn't sure so left it,,

I contacted Allan on here and he did them for me and they run a lot smoother now, he also added an extended pointer and additional under weight to make it more stable, very happy with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users