Remington Sako extractor

gazzarM1

I am considering fitting a Sako extractor to my Remington 700 can somebody point me in the right direction of somebody who carries out this work please?

Secondly ,I know that Remington fit this style of extractor to magnum calibres nowadays but when rifles such as the M40 and other sniper type rifles are in military service is this something that is done as a modification ?

Thanks

Had one fitted to a high end semi custom build in 2001. Gave me much trouble and definitely not worth it. Subsequent builds have retained original Remington system and been faultless.

Save your money.

I am considering fitting a Sako extractor to my Remington 700 can somebody point me in the right direction of somebody who carries out this work please?

Secondly ,I know that Remington fit this style of extractor to magnum calibres nowadays but when rifles such as the M40 and other sniper type rifles are in military service is this something that is done as a modification ?

Thanks

To do it correctly you need to bore out the nose of the bolt to remove the extractor groove ( I have seen some done here that haven't had this done, and it is a poor job) then bush the bolt face and cut for the extractor.

Then it will need proofed.....so it will be getting pricey at this point.

Best to leave such a job to rebarrel time

Archived