#121 Tikka4Sika

Tikka4Sika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:57 PM

Exactly!!!

Unlike the Tikka bloke who just wants to play the Blame Game® 

You are wrong again, I`m not blaming anyone , far too early for that , my point was the protesters are blaming TM et al when in reality the running of the district is heavily Labour influenced.

UKV Topic First Post Banner (sys)

#122 bradders

bradders

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:The art of the Black Rifle

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

You are wrong again, I`m not blaming anyone , far too early for that , my point was the protesters are blaming TM et al when in reality the running of the district is heavily Labour influenced.

I am not wrong

You have posted a list of 'points' you found on the internet somewhere, some it seems are wrong, so you have propagated mistruths and misconceptions, when at this time it is unhelpful, unnecessary and unwelcome..

Where did you find that and how many other places have you posted it?

Please stop Random bloke on the internet. There will be an enquiry and the real facts will come out

#123 Re-Pete

Re-Pete

Pete

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

http://www.politics....e-is-political-

There was a fire in a sister tower, Adair, in 2015 that resulted in a legal enforcement notice being issued to KCTMO to install "self closing devices",

Grenfell Tower was not included in the notice..................

Clearly a case of something that should have been done, but for whatever reason, wasn't.

Gov. cuts in council spending, maybe? In a country that's so hard up, TV presenters can make 23K a day..................gimme strength.

RePete

RePete

Religion poisons everything........

"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum"   Lucretius

#124 Tikka4Sika

Tikka4Sika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

I am not wrong

You have posted a list of 'points' you found on the internet somewhere, some it seems are wrong, so you have propagated mistruths and misconceptions, when at this time it is unhelpful, unnecessary and unwelcome..

Where did you find that and how many other places have you posted it?

Please stop Random bloke on the internet. There will be an enquiry and the real facts will come out

Right , so lets discuss nothing or voice opinion and let the trustworthy authorities tell us what happened .... :rolleyes:

#125 bradders

bradders

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Right , so lets discuss nothing or voice opinion and let the trustworthy authorities tell us what happened .... :rolleyes:

Correct

#126 Re-Pete

Re-Pete

Pete

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Now now, girls............

Religion poisons everything........

"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum"   Lucretius

#127 brown dog

brown dog

Advanced Member

• Global Moderator
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

I suppose, my tuppence:

Where was the Anarcho-Marxist rent-a-mob march after the Manchester bomb?

They don't actually give a toss for 'the people' unless there's an opportunity to exploit the suffering in support of their narrow, poisonous, faux 'greater good' class-war anarcho-marxist agenda.

That McDonnell, Corbyn et al, are leveraging the Grenfell people's grief for political gain is an utter national disgrace that should be questioned.

Genuinely, frighteningly, odd that our press are pandering to McDonnell et al's agenda without demur.
Dangerous times.

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition."

#128 bradders

bradders

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:09 PM

I suppose, my tuppence:

They don't actually give a toss for 'the people' unless there's an opportunity to exploit the suffering in support of their narrow, poisonous, faux 'greater good' class-war anarcho-marxist agenda.

That McDonnell, Corbyn et al, are leveraging the Grenfell people's grief for political gain is an utter national disgrace that should be questioned.

Genuinely, frighteningly, odd that our press are pandering to McDonnell et al's agenda without demur.
Dangerous times.

Precisely Matt, but as the TV media are all leftist biased, there's no chance any of it will come to light unless one of us appears on Question Time and gets some air

We are doomed

#129 Tikka4Sika

Tikka4Sika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

Correct

Thankfully we live in a country where we can voice opinion , when ever we want, (admittedly with some restrictions) I guess a dictatorship would suit you better :) 

#130 John MH

John MH

Advanced Member

• Global Moderator
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

And Tomorrow is the Al Quds march where followers will be able to display the flags of Hezbollah without fear of prosecution

Ian.

Interesting that there has not been a single mention of this march in the UK mainstream press despite the number of Hezbollah flags on display (featuring a fist clenching an automatic rifle and apparently allowed because the represent both the 'political' wing of that proscribed organisation as well as the terrorists wing (are they not the same?)).  PC gone mad.

.223 Rem, 6XC, 6mmAR, .260 Rem, 308 Win, .303 Brit, .300 Blackout, Trident II D5

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best."
-- Voltaire 1694 - 1778

'The views in this posting do not represent the views of the NRA'

#131 andybrock

andybrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,557 posts
  • Interests:Fox Shooting
    Re Loading
    Man City
    Guinness
    Beer
    Pies

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

And Tomorrow is the Al Quds march where followers will be able to display the flags of Hezbollah without fear of prosecution

Ian.

And thats exatly whats wrong with this country, too soft just in case someone gets offended and plays the all to familiar race card.
In my world non of this would be happening!
Why have a six pack when you can have a gallon?

http://www.thepestcontrolman.com

#132 VarmLR

VarmLR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:Shooting,
    Hill Walking,
    Loud Harley Davidsons ("another" Mid life crisis!)
    Music & Hifi

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Interesting that there has not been a single mention of this march in the UK mainstream press despite the number of Hezbollah flags on display (featuring a fist clenching an automatic rifle and apparently allowed because the represent both the 'political' wing of that proscribed organisation as well as the terrorists wing (are they not the same?)).  PC gone mad.

It beggars belief that after all that has happened, and been said by politicians, that we are allowing such a march to go ahead.  It is clearly run and attended by hate filled supporters of terrorism.  That's the problem with the UK, we are a soft touch and have been for far too long.  Can you see a counter-march being allowed in Palestine?  Come to that, can you see a Christian group marching against certain aspects of secularist liberalism being allowed in the UK (I suspect that it would attract a Section 5 Public Order notification if such a thing went ahead).

We have become a madcap PC nut-job of a place where the decent law abiding majority are afraid to speak out against the hate filled or trouble stirring minorities for fear of attracting police attention.  It is easier for the police to stamp on those "in the right" to avoid trouble later down the line as it makes their job easier.  I can see that in a sort of constructive way but it also has another side, which is one of politicisation of the police authorities in this country.  They too, tow the PC line.

I suppose, my tuppence:

Dangerous times.

Any why plod hasn't already knocked on the door of McDonnell, I don't know.  He is clearly stirring up trouble, and drew short, just, at inciting violence before making a massive political U-turn today, not until after all the seeds had been sown.  He is a nasty, underhand and deeply unpleasant piece of work.  The far left, as you say don't give a damn about people.  They just want anarchy.  Any cause will do...

The press are completely irresponsible.  They air time to people like McDonnell and the loony left at the expense of the majority.  There's no doubt that the media greatly influence people, and the reach that these anarchists have now is not as frightening as the fact that the media have successfully dumbed down what they represent such that it is seen as "normality" in some circles, or at least acceptable.  It is not acceptable in a civilised society to call for the ripping down of the government, the monarchy nor disgracefully exploiting the likes of the terrible tragedy that the Grenfell Tower fire represented.  Don't even get me started on Lilly Allen  :angry:

#133 gazzarM1

gazzarM1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Shooting and Motorcycles and now after 40 years since the last, another Lambretta- Italian of course

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:30 PM

It beggars belief that after all that has happened, and been said by politicians, that we are allowing such a march to go ahead.  It is clearly run and attended by hate filled supporters of terrorism.  That's the problem with the UK, we are a soft touch and have been for far too long.  Can you see a counter-march being allowed in Palestine?  Come to that, can you see a Christian group marching against certain aspects of secularist liberalism being allowed in the UK (I suspect that it would attract a Section 5 Public Order notification if such a thing went ahead).

We have become a madcap PC nut-job of a place where the decent law abiding majority are afraid to speak out against the hate filled or trouble stirring minorities for fear of attracting police attention.  It is easier for the police to stamp on those "in the right" to avoid trouble later down the line as it makes their job easier.  I can see that in a sort of constructive way but it also has another side, which is one of politicisation of the police authorities in this country.  They too, tow the PC line.

Any why plod hasn't already knocked on the door of McDonnell, I don't know.  He is clearly stirring up trouble, and drew short, just, at inciting violence before making a massive political U-turn today, not until after all the seeds had been sown.  He is a nasty, underhand and deeply unpleasant piece of work.  The far left, as you say don't give a damn about people.  They just want anarchy.  Any cause will do...

The press are completely irresponsible.  They air time to people like McDonnell and the loony left at the expense of the majority.  There's no doubt that the media greatly influence people, and the reach that these anarchists have now is not as frightening as the fact that the media have successfully dumbed down what they represent such that it is seen as "normality" in some circles, or at least acceptable.  It is not acceptable in a civilised society to call for the ripping down of the government, the monarchy nor disgracefully exploiting the likes of the terrible tragedy that the Grenfell Tower fire represented.  Don't even get me started on Lilly Allen   :angry:

Spot on ....about time the media and especially the BBC which violates its charter hourly ,seemingly with impunity were taken to task ?

The artist formerly known as Gazzar15

#134 bradders

bradders

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

......can you see a Christian group marching against certain aspects of secularist liberalism being allowed in the UK (I suspect that it would attract a Section 5 Public Order notification if such a thing went ahead).

Ummm, yes actually

Have you ever heard of a place called Northern Ireland?

The "Marching Season" there is just about to commence

That said....great set of demands there!!!

419AB67700000578-4624626-image-a-85_1498

No Justice, No Peace.....no soap or deodorant either :-)

419AB7C100000578-4624626-image-m-80_1498

#135 MrCetirizine

MrCetirizine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, photography, gadgets.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

It's it my eyes or does that say Bun the Tories? Bun them? Can't figure out if they missed an r or if the n should be an m.

#136 Tikka4Sika

Tikka4Sika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

It's it my eyes or does that say Bun the Tories? Bun them? Can't figure out if they missed an r or if the n should be an m.

:lol: ,on a serious note  that picture is very depressing when you think how messed up the UK has become , what on earth are we doing allowing these people to come here and then dictate to us.

#137 VarmLR

VarmLR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 592 posts
    Hill Walking,
    Music & Hifi

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

Ummm, yes actually

Have you ever heard of a place called Northern Ireland?

The "Marching Season" there is just about to commence

That said....great set of demands there!!!

419AB67700000578-4624626-image-a-85_1498

No Justice, No Peace.....no soap or deodorant either :-)

419AB7C100000578-4624626-image-m-80_1498

That's rather patronising Bradders.  I had to live through the troubles there from the late 60's onward, experiencing first hand the hate, and lost friends there, so am PERFECTLY aware of what the marching season is, more than you are I'll wager.  Personally, I think it's long overdue to shut it down on both sides.  It is an anachronistic and pointless exercise, done not as tradition but to wind up the opposition. It's high time that this form of hate and questionable tradition was stopped because clearly, it serves no constructive purpose.  However, it has been tried before and the strength of feeling is very strong.  N Ireland politics are complex, and the UK government has to tip-toe around the issues for fear of being branded with the same branding iron as the government's of the past who were less than humane and certainly were not accountable in their time of the treatment of the Irish.  We can't win trying to do the right thing.  That has to come from Stormont AND with joint agreement from both sides as a gesture of true freedom and reconciliation.  Whilst Gerry Adams remains alive, and the the more radical thinkers within the DUP remain in force, that will never happen.  It is also NOT a UK wide problem, so is a rather odd one to throw into the ring.

#138 bradders

bradders

Advanced Member

• Yellow Riband
  • 3,115 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

You've edited out the part in the first sentence where you said you were ex-Military.

I'm not ex-Military but I grew up in Belfast until I was 12 years old, so like you, I too have my views and I am entitled to them

#139 VarmLR

VarmLR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 592 posts
    Hill Walking,
    Music & Hifi

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

You've edited out the part in the first sentence where you said you were ex-Military.

I'm not ex-Military but I grew up in Belfast until I was 12 years old, so like you, I too have my views and I am entitled to them

Yes, I have, because I felt that it wasn't relevant to the post so I removed it, but yes, I am ex military.  Everyone is entitled to their view...I just thought that in this case, yours was deliberately patronising.  Nothing personal, just expressing how it came across.  I accept the point that you grew up there, so happily retract what I said about me being more aware of what the marching season means.

#140 John MH

John MH

Advanced Member

• Global Moderator
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-26%20at%2009.09.

.223 Rem, 6XC, 6mmAR, .260 Rem, 308 Win, .303 Brit, .300 Blackout, Trident II D5

"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best."
-- Voltaire 1694 - 1778

'The views in this posting do not represent the views of the NRA'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users