Ior or Steiner ??

Hi,

I'm thinking to buy one of these scopes but don't know which one to buy.. any advice is welcome.

- Steiner military 3-15x50

- Ior valdada 3-18x50

Please feel free to give me advice on this one ? I've heard that Ior scopes are very trustworthy good scopes, but also Steiner has the good reputation ?

Cheers,

Bart

ive searched some comments on internet like sniper hide and other fora, people who bought the Ior where very pleased about the performance of the scope and the glass quality that's made by schott I've heard ? Also performance test pointed out on some fora that Ior performs nice. I don't have experience with both so..

Not quite sure re the dacia duster v audi comparison.

More a Defender v Range Rover.

I have used a few IOR and currently have a 12-52x56 on the LMT.

IOR = Great glass and very tough but heavy as a result.

And on the McQueen I can get up to 28x and still see the whole castle - great field of view !!

Steiner make some good glass on their top optics, but IOR are a known quantity and hold used values well. Not so sure about Steiner. I have a pair of Steiner bins which are simply fabulous and easily on a par with some at three times the cost but wouldn't take a punt on one of their scopes unless I tried one out first. Plenty of info already out there plus tests on IOR, so it would be the more obvious choice.

I have the 3.5 x 18FFP. (and the 4-28 recon and the 1-4 bulldog), its a great scope, tough as old boots, my rifle got knocked of my workbench which is 900mm of the ground and landed square on the scope, it didn't even knock it out if zero despite putting a dent in the ocular adjustment ring, the glass is as good as any, (and certainly clearer than the 2 nightforce scopes I have), illumination is nice but it doesn't turn itself off, and they are heavy

I have two IOR scopes , my next scope will be another IOR , yes they are heavyier than others but they are robust and that's what I need , optics are superb and as good as S&B .

I use a Steiner MX5i Tactical 1-5x24 scope. I have to say the build quality is superb, the optics are crystal clear with a wide field of view and they are solid in construction. I have several S&B scopes, in various configerations, but the Steiner is every bit as good IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived