Aftermarket Rings with 40mm tube diameter to fit Optilock bases

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket rings for a 40mm scope tube diameter (not objective) to fit Sako Optilock bases.

I'm changing scopes, looking to fit an IOR Recon onto a SAKO 75, I have the correct bases but SAKO do not manufacture 40mm rings.

My first choice is to just change the rings to the wider tube but may end-up having to put a rail on the rifle.

Thanks in advance.

I suspect you will struggle with this. You can push EAW Apel rings into service with the Sako Optlock bases with some fiddling however I am not sure they do anything near a 40,0mm ring set.Alternatively if you want an IOR and would settle for a 35,0mm tube the 34,0mm rings can be bored to suit although it is a PITA.

Finally you can fit a Picatinny type rail and use the IOR 40,0mm rings which is not the prettiest solution however it would work.

Spuhr certainly do a 40mm unimount - I think that Tier One are also doing 40mm rings - both require a rail.

Another manufacturer who covers most solutions is Recknagel and their subsidiary Era-Tac -contact Alan Rhone for details.

I suspect adding a rail to your rifle would open up more opportunities.

I have a set of tier one 40mm scope rings for sale, I got them with the recon when I bought it, but they are to low for a RPR, so had to buy a unimount, if they are any use to you I'll take £100 for them

Thanks Mitch,

I am getting a set of IOR rings with the scope, was thinking of a Contessa rail and will wait to see how the scope mounts.

Could still give you a shout.

Thanks.

Archived