2001yds at Sennybridge

Thanks to the time and effort of 2 Landmarc range wardens, the FCSA now has a new ELR target at Sennybridge. This is set at 2001 yds - yes TWO THOUSAND and ONE yards.

It had its first outing yesterday and it did not take long before the .5 guys were knocking it down (The 1839 yd target hardly had a look in)

Alas the wind was a killer and the smaller calibres 338LM, 300WM and even a 408CT struggled with the wind due to the difficulty in spotting fall of shot at 2k - thankfully the .5s were still making big divets and the mud was flying!

Anyone interested in coming along to see what the FCSA is all about (We do not just shoot .5s) is more than welcome, just drop me a message via here.

Yesterday we had reactive targets from 100yds all the way out to the 2001yds, with testing targets for those interested in ELR at 1000, 1152, 1306, 1836 and 2001yds - all knock down ETRS - the 1000 yd one was half of a Fig 12 with the longer ones being fig 11s.

We even managed a UKV Moderator in the mix too!

Mike

Thanks to the time and effort of 2 Landmarc range wardens, the FCSA now has a new ELR target at Sennybridge. This is set at 2001 yds - yes TWO THOUSAND and ONE yards.

It had its first outing yesterday and it did not take long before the .5 guys were knocking it down (The 1839 yd target hardly had a look in)

Alas the wind was a killer and the smaller calibres 338LM, 300WM and even a 408CT struggled with the wind due to the difficulty in spotting fall of shot at 2k - thankfully the .5s were still making big divets and the mud was flying!

Anyone interested in coming along to see what the FCSA is all about (We do not just shoot .5s) is more than welcome, just drop me a message via here.

Yesterday we had reactive targets from 100yds all the way out to the 2001yds, with testing targets for those interested in ELR at 1000, 1152, 1306, 1836 and 2001yds - all knock down ETRS - the 1000 yd one was half of a Fig 12 with the longer ones being fig 11s.

We even managed a UKV Moderator in the mix too!

Mike

Thanks to Mike and all at FCSA - had a great day and was made to feel very welcome.

I can definetly recommend the FCSA and the set up they have in place.

To be able to engage reactive targets at a whole host of ranges out to some very challenging distances was not only a test of equipment but also skill.

Kind regards

Rob

Matt.

Next SPTA will be 24th June - I fly to the USA that day for the 2017 King of 2 miles match and then the World Championships at Raton - but I should still be at the range that day :ph34r: (its an evening flight!)

Be good to see you there, I am sure Rob will be along again!

Mike

Archived