Sniper Worlds Champs, Budapest, 2017

Jager

guys..

im not posting this as a trumpet blowing exercise for myself but after nearly 20 years of doing this type of shooting i get a lot of people asking about Tac rifles where and what to get and these days more than every thank god there are more gunsmiths than ever, and thats a great thing for all of us.

but I'm awere people travel long distances to have work done and sometimes have horrendous long waits sometimes, and this brings me to the point when you have a superb local facility then we should support and make use of them.

Dave Wild ( Valkyrie rifles ) I've known dave for a long time and can testify that is work is first class and is only beat by his personal service to his customers, if there not happy he is not happy.

so when my partner need a complete rifle re-build in order to compete in this years sniper world cup he gave the rifle to dave the job came back and has a Sassen 1 in 8" barrel, think it was 24" and heavy straight taper. Fitted to a G ring action and Ceracoated armour black. and given mike managed to get only 250 rounds down it before the comp it shot brilliantly with no issues despite being thought the rain mud and sand of the comp.

of the 4 of us (two teams of two) Mike Mc Guigan, and Paul Ratcliffe who shot a (Valkyrie, with a Bartlien barrel in 6.5 x 47. AX stock and in snow camo.) were both creation of Dave wild mine and Mike Hattwig came via Vince Bottomley. incidentally dave did the multicam paint job on my rifle many years ago.

so my point is theres lots of shooters "up North" so lets support one of our own and one of the best.

Rob Hunter

www.hunterofengland.com

contact info for dave is

Valkyrie Rifles

www.valkyrierifles.net/

post-11479-0-72461600-1494533460_thumb.jpeg

Yes, lets have a write up Rob.

Congratulations are in order, to both you, and Mike, I believe you two took team 3rd place ? Quite some achievement considering you were up against mostly professionals !

It was a rush to get Mike's barrel on in time and proofed, but got there in the end.

Thank you for your kind words, and hope to see you soon buddy. ;)

Rob, are you coming over for the cz police comp? Marek is now running the show.

Fully agree - Ronin and Dave are as good as it gets for gunsmiths.

Atb, David

guys

i have been asked about doing a write up esp as its been quite some time since I've done one, am always a bit reticent as I'm were it can sound a bit like trumpet blowing and those of you that know me personally no thats as far from me as possible to get,

all that said i will give it some serous thought..

cheers

guys

i have been asked about doing a write up esp as its been quite some time since I've done one, am always a bit reticent as I'm were it can sound a bit like trumpet blowing and those of you that know me personally no thats as far from me as possible to get,

Rob, are you coming over for the cz police comp? Marek is now running the show.

Fully agree - Ronin and Dave are as good as it gets for gunsmiths.

Atb, David

hi mate

i did meet up with the CZ guys and they gave me the invite but as you know its always down to time and money but you never know..)))

cheers

rob

all that said i will give it some serous thought..

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Archived