Well just to prove to myself that I really am a twit , I left my Khales 8x42 bins on the roof on truck before driving off . The ground has campers on a % of the time and this weekend was no exception so as you can imagine they have not been found or handed in .

On this basis I would like to ask for members opinions on quality Binos of a similar standard for spotting and stalking with a bias on low or moon light shooting . The khales were ideal for what I needed and I was never inclined to change but before i stump up maybe up to £800 to replace id be interested in suggestions / opinions on what would be people's best Binos for the money , thanks

also if any one sees a pair of Kahles camo 8x42 for Sail on eBay etc let me know as they may be mine ! :-)
Thanks for looking

Rgds ian

Hi

I have for a pair of Leica 8x42 Ultravid HD's for sale v good condition with no marks or spots on the lenses boxed with all the paperwork etc, £800, also a RF900 Leica Rangefinder £150 or £900 for the pair.Will be at the northern shooting show on Saturday, or Bisley most weekends

The bino's are fantastic and clear at all ranges spotting quarry at 800-1000 yds is not a problem, not that I would engage any quarry at such distances but it makes for interesting stalks , in my opinion 8X42 gives the best of both worlds in terms of magnification and light transmission I get 30mins more at each end of the day over my shooting partner who uses a mid priced pair. the RF will work well up til dusk but will struggle once most of the light is lost. Both these items are the best quality and will last a lifetime, Leica will replace the lens covers and the adjustable eye cups free of charge should you wear them out or lose them.

The bino's are fantastic and clear at all ranges spotting quarry at 800-1000 yds is not a problem, not that I would engage any quarry at such distances but it makes for interesting stalks , in my opinion 8X42 gives the best of both worlds in terms of magnification and light transmission I get 30mins more at each end of the day over my shooting partner who uses a mid priced pair. the RF will work well up til dusk but will struggle once most of the light is lost. Both these items are the best quality and will last a lifetime, Leica will replace the lens covers and the adjustable eye cups free of charge should you wear them out or lose them.

If you can get a pair of 2nd hand Swarovski 8.5x42EL's for about that money that's the way to go. IMHO the best non range-finding Bins ever made for Stalking.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Archived