Tikka m558 stock options

Hi guys, i am looking to upgrade my Tikka from factory wood to something more modern and "functional"

I've just changed barrel from factory 22-250 to a border cut heavy varmint 24". I don't want to start messing around with the standard stock channel.

As far as I am aware, the 558 and 595 are the same apart from the synthetic bolt shroud on the 558. I actually have the same as you - a 558 in 22/250, bought from new. I also have a 595, now barreled to 6x47L and the magazines are interchangeable. Any after market 595 stock should work with the 558 so GRS etc, but I'm sure an expert on here with experience would confirm. Presumably, most aftermarket stocks such as GRS are set up for heavier barrels anyway - I keep meaning to sort out the stocks on mine but have other priorities.

I think I did successfully try the stocks on each other (years ago) when I sanded and refinished the 595 stock when it was rebarrelled - I could, as a last resort, swap the stocks over to check fit, but obviously not keen to in case zero shifts etc

thanks

DWH

Archived