Neck shoulder junction freebore

I'm about to send away a dummy round to my smith to set the freebore on my new wildcat. I just wanted to get a second opinion to make sure that heal of the bullet is avoiding the doughnut zone.

Thanks in advance

post-14013-0-34340700-1493408944_thumb.jpg

post-14013-0-50775400-1493409846_thumb.jpg

post-14013-0-75103200-1493410017_thumb.jpg

I would say your pushing it ,,,,I,m used to tight necks and potential donut forming,,,,,,,pretty sure you will be feeling a donut especially when you load off lands,,,,you really don't want a donut in a tight neck,,,,,you got a long neck there,,,,take some advantage of it,,,,regds ,,,,O

I would say your pushing it ,,,,I,m used to tight necks and donut forming,,,,,,,pretty sure you will be feeling a donut especially when you load off lands,,,,,you got a long neck there,,,,take some advantage of it,,,,regds ,,,,O

Thanks man, i was thinking it was on the close side. My neck is 0.333 bullet is loaded to 2.934 mag allows 2.980 so i still have a good bit to go but would still like to leave room to chase the lands. Bullet is a 140 eld fyi

Cant quite make out if your neck turning or not?,,,top pic shows you are??,,,,in any event a good bite into the shoulder will reduce potential of a donut,,,,best to turn a bit anyways,,,,O

I am turning. I use the KandM with cutter pilot. That's the only reason i never cut into the shoulder but will when i get my lapau stuff on the go. This is just scrap brass

Archived