North eastern arms AR15 straight pull

Soggy biscuit

I know there were issues with the first generation ones. Some catastrophic failures reported.

Before I got mine, I read about those and spoke firstly to William Evans and then directly to NEA. I was told they had moved far beyond those issues which NEA attributed to being supplied bolt carrier groups that were not what they ordered and had failed to properly QC them as they assumed they were OK.

Mine is a later generation which has been flawless except for when I dropped it down some stairs and broke the DPMS forward assist button (easily replaced).

I know 2 other real people with them and 3 internet people I've never met with them and we're all happy.

Why would William Evans sell them if they were bad?

Why would they have military contacts if they were bad?

Why would they still be in business if they were bad?

I know there were issues with the first generation ones. Some catastrophic failures reported.

Before I got mine, I read about those and spoke firstly to William Evans and then directly to NEA. I was told they had moved far beyond those issues which NEA attributed to being supplied bolt carrier groups that were not what they ordered and had failed to properly QC them as they assumed they were OK.

Mine is a later generation which has been flawless except for when I dropped it down some stairs and broke the DPMS forward assist button (easily replaced).

I know 2 other real people with them and 3 internet people I've never met with them and we're all happy.

Why would William Evans sell them if they were bad?

Why would they have military contacts if they were bad?

Why would they still be in business if they were bad?

What Military contracts?

Why was I asked about rebarrelling them all if they're so good?

Why is the fit and finish so poor on them if they're so good?

Why isn't anyone using them in any of our matches if they're so good?

Why did so many fail proof if.....you know the rest?

Just look at their Facebook page to see the pictures of shipments going out to military clients. (Some do look sketchy, like they're destined for a warlord)

The barrel seems to be one thing that the internet loves about them, mine seems very accurate for 12" blackout and the coating thing they use seems very hardy if a lot ugly.

CSR isn't for everyone, I'm too fat for it otherwise I'd happily bring mine and lose as it's the wrong calibre and I'm rubbish.

Do you have numbers and evidence of failed proof? Mine passed, I assume the Canadians also proof them so it may have passed twice?

I'm not saying you're wrong, there are certainly some bad reviews of the first generation guns and even though mine and a few others are good doesn't mean they all are. They do seem to sell a lot of them though and bad reviews of newer guns are hard to find on the internet where everyone loves to slag stuff off.

Also,as you make ARs for a living, you understand I have to assume a little bias against them even if the newer guns are OK for the price, I doubt you'd be singing their praises. I doubt you'd recommend a SGC over one of yours either and that's fine.

1. Military = gas = performs differently

2. Military = rugged, abused weapon not a precision sporting tool

3. Military = who... South African Army... made in Canada but even they don't want them.

4. My first AR was an ill advised venture with an NEA in .223..... crap. Wouldnt chamber 5.56 yet it's a military rifle supposedly

chambered for 5.56.

5. Groups could be measured in feet.

6. Manufacture was bad, never have I have a rifle where upper an lower were such a poor fit... and I've used SA80 for 21 years!

I have no bias. I've used SA80, L119A1 &A2, Hk416, LMT M4, Colt C7, Spikes (my straight pull) and the NEA.

MrC... isn't yours 300 BO?

Also,as you make ARs for a living, you understand I have to assume a little bias against them even if the newer guns are OK for the price, I doubt you'd be singing their praises. I doubt you'd recommend a SGC over one of yours either and that's fine.

giphy.gif

Errr nope,

Plenty of people make good guns, like Bob,but I have never seen such shoddy rifles

They are awful

Archived