Brass Catcher

The_Dogge

I'm thinking of trying to make a brass catcher, for;

1) lamping with a centerfire where I want all my brass back even if I have to make a quick followup in the dark.

2) lever action competitions at my club involve moving and shooting around a bark surfaced range, not sure whose idea that was but finding your brass on bark mulch is next to impossible!

Before I start bending coathangers etc am I missing a good commercial product which isn't huge and isn't for an AR?

Failing that does anyone have a neat homemade version to give me ideas?

Thanks

Here's a Piccadilly Rail mounted one.

It should work on your bolt gun and also be easy to fit if you have the afore-mentioned mounting interface, but be warned......it says AR in the description, do you may end up feeling dirty and soiled

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Caldwell-AR-15-Rail-Brass-Catcher/dp/B00EB5OU0Q

£50 + for a brass catcher for lamping, the worlds gone mad! How many (more than once fired) would you have to loose (save) to justify that? I bet after a couple of outings it soon ends up left on the shelf

£50 + for a brass catcher for lamping, the worlds gone mad! How many (more than once fired) would you have to loose (save) to justify that? I bet after a couple of outings it soon ends up left on the shelf

You'd pay more than fifty quid to have a visible invisible cap that you'd never use, take of and lose...so what's the issue?

ps, loose is the opposite of tight ;)

Archived