KIMBER RIFLE 84M MONTANA

Matt234

Hi

I have a synthetic stocked 84M in 7mm-08. it is about to become redundant due to purchase of a couple of true left hand rifles.

Mine was purchased last year from one previous owner. Really like the rifle, nice little Mauser type action. Very light and pointable. Solid stock, generally a well built rifle

However I have found that it shoots better with the 120gr bullets than the usual 140s that most people seem to use. Its a short 18" barrel.

Having said that I shot quite a few plains game animals in Africa using 139 SST bullets and all went down 1 shot no probs and a good few deer since in the UK fallow, roe and Muntjac.

Cheers

Hi Matt,

had one a lot of years ago in .260rem. Nice rifle in light calibers but I think such a light rifle would be a hairy handfull in .338. The pigs might not be the only ones getting the stuffing knocked out of them!

Mike

• 1 month later...

I don't own but I'v used a couple whilst out in New Zealand hunting tahr.

One in 25-06 and the other a 300win mag.

The 25-06 a pleasure to shoot and the perfect mountain gun, topped with a small leupold and you didn't know it was on your shoulder all day. Factory ammo and shooting 3/4inch. The 300winmag on the other hand was not so pleasant, kicked like a mule, it really needed a M'brake/mod to tame it, then it might have been more pleasant to shoot.

My advise would be to try and find someone with one who will let you shoot it to see how you like it.

Regards J

Archived