What are the in-fashion FAC Air Rifles at the mo?

brown dog

Measured using an ISO-TECH SLM52N Sound Level Meter ..

That is a -basic- SLM with no Impulse or Peak measurement capability.

Not suitable for measuring impulses like gunfire.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an Air Arms S410- these have an adjustable power output that is fitted with an anti tamper bolt.

However, if you remove the anti tamper bolt, underneath is revealed a small Allen head screw, quarter turn on this Allen screw will change the ft lbs, so if you have FAC air rifle you could turn it up to circa 22ftlbs- I think ;) Obviously shot count reduces, but Inused to get over 70 shots at 11.5ftlbs with consistent small groups right up to the mid 40's before accuracy started to open up.

;)

Beggin' pardon, oomans, might us make a suggestion ?

What range do you want to eradicate those pesky rooks?

If it's under 40m, might we offer an alternative? A Bretton Gaucher moderated .410 shotgun...

Quieter than an air rifle, more deadly, £400 or less...

More deadly, at forty yards?

Shouldn't think so, my 32 ft-lb .22 is still carrying 24 ft-lb at 40 yards (in fact its still carrying over 10 at 150 yards) will be around 2-3 and you won't have much of a pattern from a 410 at that range.

Even if that there .410 is the bestest ever .410 on the planet, you can buy 250 air arms 18 grain pellets and get ya bottle filled for the price of 25 .410 cartridges...erm, hello people haha.

If you like a traditional kinda thing and don't want ya pants pulled down over the price air arms s410, easy! I've owned 2 and have been familiar with another 3 over the last 12 years or so and I can't speak highly enough of them...they tick all the boxes

For fac tho I like a tuned classic (factory full length not carbine) rather than a fac built one, because they are really long and aren't cheap new

Towsey

For fac tho I like a tuned classic (factory full length not carbine) rather than a fac built one, because they are really long and aren't cheap new

FAC Air Arms are not cheap new, but they are very good value secondhand, cheaper than a secondhand off ticket air rifle in my experience.

The length is, err, long, but they really don't need an additional silencer, the barrel shroud one makes them sound near enough silent in the field.

Archived