Reloading Training

Spencer54

Is there anywhere I can go and get some instruction on how to start in homeloading.

The more I read the more I realise there is to it.

Seeing as I don't want to blow myself and my new rifle to kingdom come is there anywhere I can get a lesson.

I heard that rcbs do a course but can't see where?

I'm in Kent so localism to me would be good.

Thanks

Look at Dauntsey Guns website video......its in Wiltshire though.

I get the gist of it, but I need to know what's good or bad what bullet I want, what powder, what press what "jump" is and does.

Is there a reloading supplier that does a masterclass at all?

im not here tonight its gun club but give us a shout tomorrow evening 01263 732740 we can have a good old chat

Check in with the NRA Bisley. They've done courses as below:

The NRA Hand Loading Course is intended to help the complete beginner decide whether handloading is the way ahead. Whilst those already loading are welcome, it is for the tyro that the pace of the course is set.

A thorough theoretical introduction occupies the first day, followed on day two by the practical loading session for the common TR calibre, 0.308 Winchester. Users of other calibres will be shown how to extrapolate to their particular one.

All 0.308 Win handloading equipment and components are provided by the NRA for the practical exercise, as are beverages during the weekend..

Participants are invited to bring their own 0.308 Win firearm to supplement the NRA ones. After being checked and measured, they may tailor the handloads to it, and on completion, test over a chronograph on the Zero range. In view of the great emphasis placed on safety throughout the course, the instructors reserve the right to decline any firearm that may be unsuitable.

The prime objective of the course is that, at its conclusion, participants should be confident to produce safe precision handloaded ammunition for their firearm.

Course fee: £120

Course times: Saturday & Sunday 9am to 6pm

Please email Caroline.OConnor@nra.org.uk for an application form.

• 3 months later...

Andy Allwood used to run a free course in Bracknell. Google TFSA Allwood stocks and it will come up with his details. Give him a ring and see what he says.

Edit : added link. http://www.tfsa.co.uk/reloading.htm

At least one of my buddies that reloads has used him and says it was very good. Andy also has a fully stocked shop, mostly Lee equipment, so in return it may be nice to buy some bits you need from him.

Regards

Mark

Archived