New Heavy Gun stock for benchrest (Part 2)

Was at Tony Lenton's today and watched him beavering away to finish off my heavy gun stock, which will be put to good use this coming weekend at Diggle. Just needs a bit of a polish but am very pleased with his design and the many hours he spent in his man shed doing the work. So once again, many thanks Tony and well done. The cheque is in the post (honest!).

Here are a few photos.

post-11148-0-06829100-1488903531_thumb.jpg

post-11148-0-55193600-1488903550_thumb.jpg

post-11148-0-30173000-1488903570_thumb.jpg

cant see any sling swivels !!!!

Real men do not need sling swivels and will be using it for biathlon and possibly CSR but with a bit of heavy duty nylon cord as a sling.

Sorted. Now for a soupcon of creme brulee and a mint tea to follow.

We are now stocking official benchrest twine only £9-99 per yard if its any help.

2767_featured.jpg

We are now stocking official benchrest twine only £9-99 per yard if its any help.

2767_featured.jpg

As long as it has been sanctioned by the UKBRA committee then can I have 2 yards as a matter of urgency. A Certificate of Conformity will be required.

Which lady celebrity is going to swing a magnum of champagne into her bows to launch her Les?

(Better idea - just bring the champagne on Sunday and we'll christen her whatever name you decide in the range house! :) )

Big heavy b*st*rd! Or, The ball buster! Further offerings on a postcard please.

it has to be ..."Ali" :D

Good luck with it Les.

Which lady celebrity is going to swing a magnum of champagne into her bows to launch her Les?

(Better idea - just bring the champagne on Sunday and we'll christen her whatever name you decide in the range house! :) )

JAMF

What a good idea Laurie, will buy a cheapy bottle of fizzy stuff as Moet is just too good for the likes of the Diggle yobs.

I hope the mist and rain keep away this time. See you if your going?

JAMF

Had to look that one up Mark .... must remember it! :blush:

What a good idea Laurie, will buy a cheapy bottle of fizzy stuff as Moet is just too good for the likes of the Diggle yobs.

I hope the mist and rain keep away this time. See you if your going?

Yes, see you there. It looks reasonably promising. (Remember what you said elsewhere ... "The Baby Jesus loves optimists". I'll simply refer you to the wise words of my good friend Mr P. Collins ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0AJJxgzHxc) :)

• 1 month later...

Hi les, awesome ! When I saw this rifle at the last Benchrest I was amazed on the size.

How is it shooting? Can I have a go ! No just kidding.

Nick

Hi les, awesome ! When I saw this rifle at the last Benchrest I was amazed on the size.

How is it shooting? Can I have a go ! No just kidding.

Nick

Hi Nick. It is shooting pretty well but I do need further load development but probably only minor tweaking, but as usual I seem to do development during competitions as I do not have anywhere in this neck of the woods to do testing. Just waiting to find out the weather for Sunday at Gelston near Dumfries to shoot at 1000 yards again.

Need to get to Diggle midweek sometime to test at 300 yards if the weather is good.

are you bringing it up to gelston les ? be good to see it and you if you are ,6-8 mph n/nnw winds and dry

Hi, yes that is the intention and will reload some tomorrow for Sunday. The wind forecast has definitely died down over the past week, so might be ok(ish) for a 6BR and will give it a go. Not sure the bearing of the firing point to the targets relative to n/nnw?

Archived