Predator 223

Just finished this one today, after two days of stripping and painting. There sure are a lot of parts in an AX stock.... :lol:

This started off as a stiller predator. I then fitted a Sassen T1 profile blank at 20" long. Its a 1 in 14" twist blank in .223 rem and throated for 40 grain bullets.

IMG_2066_zpsj1otodkr.jpg

The muzzle is threaded 18mm x 1 and invisible capped.

IMG_2063_zps01jltllm.jpg

Onto which goes a Jet-z CQBS moderator

IMG_2070_zpsx4ofntfn.jpg

Trigger is a BR Jewel [no safety ]

IMG_2069_zpsl77jqezj.jpg

IMG_2068_zpsonpe7c6u.jpg

The action will run two 5 round converted magazines from .308 to .223.

The stock is an AI AX which was stripped to the last nut and bolt for blasting for paint.

IMG_2067_zps4yfdaurk.jpg

IMG_2065_zpssn4zempi.jpg

The pattern is my take on an Autumn Flectarn, and consists of McMillan tan, Federal brown, and patriot brown.

All work, as usual, done in house.

Someone has just rung regarding the mags for this.

I convert both the 5 and the 10 round AICS magazine to run 223/20 cal rounds. The capacities go up to approx 10rd/16 rd, and the 5rd /7rd.

Plus, you still have the magazine length of a .308 so you can load long bullets and mag feed. This is the major point over the American mags with plastic 223 inserts.....they limit the OAL.

Excellent paint job.

Dave are you using ( or can you do) the E series Ceracote on AI rifles. I understand that there are only six colours available at the moment in the E series but I was impressed with what I briefly saw of it at the IWA.

The customer drove up from the south yesterday to collect this. Its safe to say he's delighted, and he sent me this pic.

This is what the AX stock was designed for.

IMG_3241_zpsmlcn9jug.jpg

The customer kindly sent me this through today. The first 5 shot group out of the gun on a windy day.

I think it will be great with a tweak.

IMG_3247_zpshcjzw0bo.jpg

Archived