Age shall not wither him says my local vicar but he cant be talking about me because age, aches and pains are catching up with me and Im doing less shooting these days. Some more of my arsenal has to go and Im offering for sale the following:

1) Nightforce NXS scope 5.5 22x R2 reticle. Back in the day I had four NXS scopes for competitions because optically they were the equal of anything else but they were also brute strong and utterly reliable: dial settings were always repeatable and Ive tested this out to 1000m.

I was going to describe this one as Excellent + and thats probably still the right description. However, when I came to take it off the rifle and clean it I found some minor imperfections (photos available on request):

· There are some light mounting marks on the body.

· There is a handful of very small speckles on the objective. Id not noticed these until I removed the sunshade. I clean optics rarely, lightly and with great care and it is possible these marks would come off but I suspect they are from muzzle blast. They are very small and invisible when looking through the scope. The price reflects these minor imperfections.

· There is no battery. Its a problem for the Post Office to take anything with a battery and in any case I removed it the day I bought it because I dont use an illuminated reticle. The battery compartment is pristine.

£700 SOLD

2) RPA Quadlite single shot rifle chambered in 22BR. Border (cut rifled) 26" heavy varmint barrel with 1:14 twist and hard coated. Threaded 17x1. Offered in McMillan Lazzeroni stock. Dies, brass and neck-turning kit available by separate negotiation. This has had very little use and is priced to sell. £1,100. SOLD

3) John Plaster Varmint Choate stock inlet and mandrel bedded for RPA Quadlite single-shot action . This is surely the strongest, most indestructible stock ever. Maybe not the most beautiful but good for ammo-testing off a bench. If you have a single-shot Quadlite this is a cheap way to add a very useful stock and expand the versatility of your rifle. £100. SOLD

I live in Cornwall so if you're interested in any of these please PM me so I can send you photos. I'm not up to date with prices but I believe these are all priced to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived