#21 Mauser3006

Mauser3006

Advanced Member

• Global Moderator
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:I reload for .243 and 30-06

Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Thanks Mark. 

You think that a wall as solid as the earth separates civilization from barbarism. I tell you the division is a thread, a sheet of glass.         John Buchan

UKV Topic First Post Banner (sys)

#22 @nd

@nd

Newbie or Infrequent Poster

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

small pieces of synthetic sponge dipped in gravy dropped where they run.They eat the 'gravy' flavoured sponge but can't poop it, it blocks their intestines and die. 

#23 Montey

Montey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Stalking vermin shooting FTR clay shooting rough shooting High driven game birds.

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

We've just had a rat infestation on the farm normally the three cats keep them at bay but for some reason we've had a lot move in
So hers my tips by wooden based spring traps but get them before you have the problem.
The reason being they need weathering in so leave them out side to get wet and smelly trust me it makes a big difrance.
Next I've tried difrent bait over the years but now I'm using Alpen breakfast bars scatter around the trap don't just bait the trap!
When you have a dead one note that the scattered bait and the bait on the trap has gone this tells us there's more to kill.
The next trap happened by chance I had left oats in a plastic dust bin only to find 6 young rats had eaten thier way in through the lid
This meant they jumped in but couldn't clime out,so now I have a rat trap invented by rats!!
I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users