Border Ballistic Technologies

After the announcement last week that Dr Geoffrey Kolbe was back in the Gun Trade, and had started a company making reamers and suchlike, I mentioned in the welcome thread that I would like a set of true CiP .223 headspace gauges made.

Well a couple of days ago I got an email from Geoff asking for my address, and this morning these turned up

0E8A9CA2-B21B-48C5-908E-F6C8F55F651F_zps

2BF1039F-1F42-4620-BEF6-DFA142868238_zps

Obviously I haven't had a chance to use them yet, that will happen tomorrow, but they look extremely well made, and after talking with Geoff on the phone I have full confidence in the product.

Based off this I now have 2 reamers on order with him, one of my own design, and I look forward to receiving them shortly

Good work Mr Kolbe

At Last and well done Mr Klobe , hopefully good quality kit and if so , it would be great not having to rely on overseas to get them.

All the very best for the future (PS... would like a 264 winmag reamer made up sometime )...................

raizor...

Less that one week after ordering, these two .223 reamers dropped through the letter box this morning.

Initial inspection shows them to be very sharp, and as I had some barrels on the go, I decided to try them out along with the new headspace gauges.

They lived up to expectations, and the finish on the chamber walls is as good as any I've seen

Very happy

5B5374F5-13F3-4687-96FA-3C26D2FC8B2B_zps

I had a chance to test fire my .223 Grunig yesterday at BBT. The reamer Geoffrey made cut very nicely indeed and the throating reamer produced a nice throat. I had a chance to have a look round the new workshop and it's full of some very impressive precision machines. Although I have only limited experience chambering barrels (I have BBT reamers in .223 rem, .308 win and a .224 throater) I can feel the difference cutting when compared to my Manson and PTG reamers.

I've been editing a video I made of the project build and will post links to it when it's ready. Be warned, it's going to be a long one!

Archived