OSOK, agreed the Lapua interface is not that user friendly and you have to input the velocity persmeters and temp data fields to make it useful and work. The weather get function still does not work on my ip7 . However it's worth it to access the Doppler data rather than just predictions. I am still playing with it but also cross referenced it against quickload showing temp / velocicty change with the quickload powder temp change ( basically 10c change = 6 m/s for n165 in my 338) there is a bit of difference with the Lapua predictions at longer range. Using a lab radar to input the fields would give real world data that you can piggyback onto the Lapua Doppler data in the hope of a better result at distance. I bent the techs ear at the IWA about the app. Lab radar was also there, what I saw was that the Euro model seems to suffer from the lack of power of the USA version.

Bought one of these the other day. Took it out of the box, and had a look at the instructions.

Put it back in the box. I thought I was buying a simple, user friendly device.

baldie , The best and easiest way to set it up is by watching the YouTube video for setup as you can do it as they do it . It's just a series of parameters that you want it to track and once set the chrono just needs switching on and pointing at the target .

Things I keep forgetting are to remember to change bullet weight and to make sure it's ' armed ' before you fire which is just the push of a button.

My advice , get it back out of the box as a chrono that you don't need to shoot through screens and doesn't affect poi ... It's a win win

OSOK

ds1 , Mine is the ' Non Euro ' version which I waited for due to the power issue . Although I've only used mine out in the field twice as yet , one of the first things I wanted to know was if the power was key factor. I've tried mine on both power levels and it made no difference in giving me a velocity each time however the lower power setting doesn't seem to allow you to go as far with the pre-set distances which if your only looking for a velocity is not going to matter . I will keep adjusting the pre-sets until their stretched as far as possible , Makes sense that the further they are the more accurate the info .

Like I've said , mine was bought for it's simplicity in setup to sit next to the rifle when shooting certain distances and not as a one chrono fits all .

I know it's early days but shooting at long range with the knowledge of the velocity or at least the difference in velocity will be a game changer and I feel one of the best buys I made since the thermal .

Maybe the LabRadar will do to long range what the thermal has done for the Fox

OSOK

• 1 month later...

Borrowed a mates Lab Radar for testing against my old Chrony. The first hour condition were dull / overcast and results were similar, within a meter or two . The change came when the sun came out - the LabRadar was still consistent but the Chrony suddenly lost 20 m/s compared to the Lab Radar with the only change being light condition - position not changed and same ammunition batch ( tested several lots).

I found the Lab Radar easy to set up and use and feel that the data from it will be more consistent and accurate than from my Chrony btw II was using the screen with the Chrony.

Archived