New - Mile Long Shooting Range - In the UK.

LONG RANGE CAPT

DM, while we are waiting for this facility to be built,what do you understand-or mean- or hope ffor-by "PSR" shooting?

I am fairly au fait with the US Precision Rifle Series competition ( time pressure,forst shot hits on moa ish gongs at varied distances to 800+ yards yards,from improvised rather uncomfortable positions. (and the Precision Sniper Rifle standardisation by US military (prob 338)-though that isn't on here.

I am comp secy for a N'land club too,and any ideas are welcome-given the logistics of UK shooting!

I am really just asking what you have in mind-given the facility is not yet available,that may be speculative...but fun.

It does sound like something we might all rather like up here-well,some of us. I doubt that there will be much running around in Cumbria...but who knows....:-) ...especially when all those Bisley types get mobile. :-) :-)

gbal

Gbal,

I'm also a comp secretary - spooky!!

Yep - I was thinking along the lines of the type of shoots the yanks are spoilt with - reactive metal plates. Positional timed shooting (adapted for the less able bodied - or separate categories)

Distances NOT marked and having to use your nappa!!!

Maybe even a hog roast to end the day !!

CSR meets F class meets PSG !!

DM,

Thanks for the info/ideas...anything like the US PRS needs way too much organisation,facilities and supervision,I fear...but still....

they also do Bolt,Gas and Club series (I assume the 'clubs' are not Neanderthal,more local level !)

We shall have to just wait and see what facitlities actually emerge,and of course it's down to Marc Gardner what goes on. I can't see bodies trundling around barriers etc really-but varied range shots at gongs,yes-probably (maybe preferable for most ?) from a covered shooting position....most club members are rather past their Usain Bolt best ( and it's an organisational challenge,nay -nightmare)...

g

DM,

Thanks for the info/ideas...anything like the US PRS needs way too much organisation,facilities and supervision,I fear...but still....

they also do Bolt,Gas and Club series (I assume the 'clubs' are not Neanderthal,more local level !)

We shall have to just wait and see what facitlities actually emerge,and of course it's down to Marc Gardner what goes on. I can't see bodies trundling around barriers etc really-but varied range shots at gongs,yes-probably (maybe preferable for most ?) from a covered shooting position....most club members are rather past their Usain Bolt best ( and it's an organisational challenge,nay -nightmare)...

g

Re the practical type of comps how about an over 65 years old event and run down George?

Rules.

You are allowed to saunter and have a fit younger guy to carry your rifle for you.

You may empty your catheter bag if full at the appropriate time to prevent embarrassment, if emptied during the run down a 20 second penalty is added.

You may have a sit down if feeling a little out of breath or dizzy, but this will incur a 20 second penalty, but you must carry your own portable fold up seat.

No beta blockers or any chemical enhancements are allowed.

No zimmer frames are permitted on the range.

No bedroom slippers are permitted during the run down (unless a Doctors certificate is provided 24 hours before signing on).

Any competitor must ensure that if they have false teeth are the commencement of the competition, must have them when they finish.

The RO will disqualify any competitors that show signs of being a grumpy old man or those that put camouflage on their faces and say "This takes me back to my days in the ..............." Or, "When I was in the ..........."

Les, it may well catch on- some shooting disciplines are already half way,and CSR is the only serious one to maintain the Spartan ideal of the uber warrior (shame about the rifle).

Meanwhile,things can still move pretty fast in the sports world.

Given the tedious corridor time etc in the UK medical scene,all the issues you raise make senior citizen participation in the conventional shooing scene here somewhat unattracive,even as a hobby.

So I've signed a provisional contract with Usain's Nitro circus tour,which has plans to extend beyond track and field (though my Pro Highland Games experience may be relevant there,perhaps...no woman beat me in the caber toss).

I just need a small surgical proceedure,and a costume fitting,and I'll be in the (girl's) team for the next series.

georgina

Re the practical type of comps how about an over 65 years old event and run down George?

Rules.

You are allowed to saunter and have a fit younger guy to carry your rifle for you.

You may empty your catheter bag if full at the appropriate time to prevent embarrassment, if emptied during the run down a 20 second penalty is added.

You may have a sit down if feeling a little out of breath or dizzy, but this will incur a 20 second penalty, but you must carry your own portable fold up seat.

No beta blockers or any chemical enhancements are allowed.

No zimmer frames are permitted on the range.

No bedroom slippers are permitted during the run down (unless a Doctors certificate is provided 24 hours before signing on).

Any competitor must ensure that if they have false teeth are the commencement of the competition, must have them when they finish.

The RO will disqualify any competitors that show signs of being a grumpy old man or those that put camouflage on their faces and say "This takes me back to my days in the ..............." Or, "When I was in the ..........."

Sounds like my kind of shooting ... ... ...

post-13070-0-72528700-1486913821.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well if that's correct it'll be a 4 plus hour drive for me unfortunately...... :(

Archived