Barrel Run In

Blue Haze

I have recently had a first with a new barrel... absolutely no copper or fouling whatsoever from shot 1.

I normally listen to what the barrel tells me during run in - cleaning frequency and firing more shots as I see the copper reduce. But this barrel had NONE, no fouling, nothing.

I have since run 50-70 shot shoots and after cleaned out to also find no copper at all.

This is a .284 being pushed reasonably hard, and it is hammering. Have any of you habe one of these 'magic' barrels that does not fowl?

I have recently had a first with a new barrel... absolutely no copper or fouling whatsoever from shot 1.

I normally listen to what the barrel tells me during run in - cleaning frequency and firing more shots as I see the copper reduce. But this barrel had NONE, no fouling, nothing.

I have since run 50-70 shot shoots and after cleaned out to also find no copper at all.

This is a .284 being pushed reasonably hard, and it is hammering. Have any of you habe one of these 'magic' barrels that does not fowl?

No!

Mmm... not sure if that concerns me! Lol I must say being shocked I got nothing with wipe out I tried sweets, then I got a bore scope out - but it was like new.

If it shoots well at the short range challange I may keep this one in bubble wrap with my unicorn horn collection.

I guessed it was a Bartlein...........................I have one on my Swing, and it stays as clean as a whistle. Maybe the bore is lapped after machining, as there were absolutely no machining marks, just a mirror smooth finish.

Then again, the blank was the thick end of 500 quid, so maybe you really do get what you pay for...............

Pete

Hmmmm.......an UBER hummer.....

Why not chrono it ( cross reference "whats the point?" thread)- we don't often get frictionless barrels.

NIce-though new barrels are often like new ( :-) - be interesting -seriously- to see if it maintains its 'easy care' advantages.

Premium barrel,of course....'lap' it up

g

Like Re-Pete, I have a Bartlein barrel that's always comes out squeaky clean every time, and with little trace a copper. I also another Bartlein of the same calibre and it takes quite a while to get rid of the copper. How odd is that?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Krieger on a 6.5x47 which is the only barrel i have that doesn't like being cleaned . It's now had almost 600 rounds without a clean and shoots as good as ever but before i was aware of this I'd have to put 10 or 12 rounds through before the group would tighten back up .

In the years doing F Class I never had any 7mm barrel behave like this almost HMR or 22LR like .

OSOK

Archived