AI - 12mm to Picatinny Adaptor - Does it exist?

Does anyone know if there is a picatinny adaptor rail which fits onto the original dovetail on an old AI PM?

I am trying to mount a PMII onto one using an AI 34mm one piece mount, but the turret housing touches the bases and won't allow the rings to close around the tube properly, therefore I want to use a picatinny type mount but need to convert the dovetail to accept it.

I believe it is a 12mm dovetail fitting?

Thanks

Mill a slot in the base of the mount to accomodate the belly of the erector housing

Or buy a length of 12mm dovetail picatinny from AI and the pins / screws to fit this to your action

My AW came with a shallow 20 MOA picatinny rail bonded to the 12 mm dovetail. The picatinny rail is unusual inasmuch that it fits as a female rail over the original dovetail. There is no way that's going to move.

I don't know if this is a later adaptation ( my AW was one of the last before the AT was introduced) or if it's an after-market offering.

TSG, that's a very kind offer but my hacking will consist of a hand file, several cups of tea and a DIY finish.

Are they 34mm?

The adaption that Brillo was talking about is the kind of thing that I was after, but one which gripped the dovetail by means of being nipped up with allen bolts like a set of rings.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

When I needed the dovetail to pic adapter Sporting Services were flogging these:

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/PRI-Accuracy-Tactical-Quality-7-Aluminum-11mm-to-Picatinny_Mil-Spec.jpg

SS were charging £125 a pop - don't know if they still stock them as this was a couple of years back now. If not you can probably source direct from the US.

I'm not sure you can order the factory adapter (i.e. as installed on a new rifle) as a spare part...if you could, I think SS would be flogging that rather the aftermarket one....

Archived