New Tactical Tikka

LONG RANGE CAPT

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, still haven't got to actually shoot this, but with well over a year of pulling bits together and begging favours, I finally put these bits together last week.

Low scope, high bipod (ie both fairly close to the axis of the bore). It has the same heart, but I think it looks significantly more ergonomic.(Hope I'm right!)

attachicon.gif20170305_171255.jpg

Now that, I do like! :)

Well, still haven't got to actually shoot this, but with well over a year of pulling bits together and begging favours, I finally put these bits together last week.

Low scope, high bipod (ie both fairly close to the axis of the bore). It has the same heart, but I think it looks significantly more ergonomic.(Hope I'm right!)

Now that, I do like! :)

Dont tell me its for sale already....... :D

Ahhh, but have you seen the Tippex all over the scope though? :P

Is that an MDT HS3 chassis?

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Ian,

Yes BD's rifle is the HD3 but in West Wilts custom 'shabby chic' livery :D (believe Dave at Valkyrie is going to be offering this in future for people south of the M4?)

T

• 3 weeks later...

With the exception of the two stage trigger it looks like Tikka's version of a T3 in an MDT chassis.

I got to handle on one of these rifles yesterday. The chassis makes MDT look shoddy. (I have one) It is a very well built, solid rifle. The one I handled came as a package with an Atlas bipod for $1999. ~Andrew

I'm very tempted by the Tikka in 6.5CM

Something I want to know though..... the TAC A1 doesn't it use some sort of barrel nut? What I'm trying to establish whether I would be able to swap the barrelled action into other tikka stocks & chassis I have or does that mean that has to stay put in that chassis it comes with.

I have a tikka in .223 & 308 and if I got the 6.5CM I would want to house certain calibers in certain stocks.

From what I read the tac a1 has the same barrel, action, and magazine as the tikka ctr rifle so you should be able to swap stocks. Both these rifles use a different trigger guard and magazine though. The tac a1 and ctr actions will work with the standard plastic guard and mag but I'm not sure if a standard t3 would work in the tac a1 chassis.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

USA takes 95% of all the Tikka TAC A1 rifles Sako can produce in the Riihimäki.

Here in Finland we are in the same situation as you are in UK, just wait, wait and wait :wacko:.

But if you have been thinking to buy one of the best AR looking rifle, Tikka is the rifle you want to buy.

I have had Ruger prp, but hands down this new Tikka is better, more accuracy, and way way better made.

• 2 weeks later...

The 'youths' of today!! I despair!! ;) I suppose 'Wolfrace' is two dogs chasing one another then? :P

A late reply, and only found as i'm considering changing my variation entitlement from .308 to 6.5 Creedmoor.... Can't believe the Tikka is cheaper than the Ruger.!... I don't rate Rugers very high to be fair.... Although their RPR seems very good, going by most of the reviews anyhow....

Oh, and TerryH, I know "Wolfrace" wheels. Just! :) It's probably a bad memory, as i wish i was a "Youth" again.... I'm nearly 50.... :(

USA takes 95% of all the Tikka TAC A1 rifles Sako can produce in the Riihimäki.

Here in Finland we are in the same situation as you are in UK, just wait, wait and wait :wacko:.

But if you have been thinking to buy one of the best AR looking rifle, Tikka is the rifle you want to buy.

I have had Ruger prp, but hands down this new Tikka is better, more accuracy, and way way better made.

Totally agree, regarding Ruger being..... shall we say, a little inferior to the Tikka. In my opinion anyhow..... :) And no, i've used neither of the new rifles were talking about in center fire, but there are enough reviews around. And i had the misfortune when i was young and silly enough to buy a Ruger 1022....

wonder if they will bring it out in 223 as ruger have ,cant tell from pics if rail is machined so you couldn't use one peace rail "drone " ? strange if so ! nice looking rifle though

lee

• 9 months later...

Despite my earlier comments, I bought one in 6.5CM and have been delighted with it, not least because it is still manageable for me carrying across the fields as well as for target work.  It's beautifully made, to my mind the best made of all the blackti-kewel type bolt action rifles.  The chassis is superb.  Target accuracy is one shot hole type groups at 100 yards all day long, and it's improved my 900m hits on centre too, although it was a closer run thing than I would have believed between 6.5/139 scenar and .308/175TMK at the same distance with the main advantage being the the 6.5 was less affected by slight wind variations and about 15% more hit dead centre in my hands.

All in all, it's proved to be a superb rifle capable of real world varminting over all sensible distances, pinging steel at long range and general target work.

Quick question

Are the Tikka CTR mags really a TRG mag with a bumper and if so would they work in the TRG - given they are half price this would be good news. Has anyone tried? I just cannot imagine the rapacious lot in the beretta commercial department allowing such a thing to happen.

Who is they? do you have the link?

I agree the CTR mags look "TRG-ish" with a boot but I would be very surprised if rifle mags uk is selling TRG mags for £210

https://riflemags.co.uk/sako-trg-10-round-308-magazine-trg-22/

when they have 'interchangeable" CTR mags for £120

https://riflemags.co.uk/tikka-tac-a1-magazines/

more likely Beretta has added a widget to the CTR mags with no other purpose than to prevent usage in TRGs

BTW if anyone has a Tikka TAC A1 etc and is mag shopping

I would suggest Livens https://www.livens.co.uk/product/tikka-tac-a1-ctr-10-round-magazine/

They have 8 in stock for £100

I have no connection with Livens etc - was just looking for the cheapest Tikka A1 mags in the unlikely occurrence they turned out to be compatible with my TRG

Archived