Foxing

Spielvogel pointers

I try stay at them all year round. With having a day job and needing to be up early doors, sometimes it can be difficult getting out in the summer when its not dark dark til late. Also being arable, wheat and barley will be well through and offer little chance to shoot the buggers.

Thanks for the replies gents

I did skip read the first couple of posts on other similar thread but it didn't seem relevant to what I was asking sorry I'll have to read the rest of it.

My point was does anyone lay off foxing when there may be a risk of leaving cubs below ,?

I lay off as soon as I start to see ket around the holes but realise this could well be a little late by then.

Cheers

SP

Thanks for the replies gents

I did skip read the first couple of posts on other similar thread but it didn't seem relevant to what I was asking sorry I'll have to read the rest of it.

My point was does anyone lay off foxing when there may be a risk of leaving cubs below ,?

I lay off as soon as I start to see ket around the holes but realise this could well be a little late by then.

Cheers

SP

Game keepers generally dont lay off , if you shoot a vixen that has young below generally they will surface and you can dispatch them assuming you know where the den is.

Over here foxes have a season, 15.07-15.04.

This is fine in my eyes as generally the foxes are not as much of a nuisance as in the UK with the gamebird populations/poultry/lamb rearing.

Like Muntjac though, many of the vixens shot late in the season are already well in pup.

I'm guessing that if you have to ask why then you'll feel differently to me where Foxes are concerned . I shoot them because i enjoy the sport and challenge and not because they effect my livelihood in any way at all .

I understand anyone that feels I'm an hypocrite for saying this but I have no problem in killing Foxes but the thought of shooting both the dog and vixen leaving cubs to starve to death underground appalls me .

I'm not saying my way is the right way , It's just the rules i have to play by .

OSOK

I wouldn't say I enjoy shooting any animal and I wouldn't say I shoot them when it only suits 'just me' (or the fox)..

I shoot them only at the request of landowners to whom they are nothing but a nuisance, pest, and killer of livestock. I receive no financial reward for my services. It is nearly always a challenge but, it is never a sport - it is a requirement and a necessity for the said landowners

I am requested to apply my services from January through to the next January because those cubs will potentially grow and create the same havoc and carnage as the ones' that went before; and if emotions or the morality intrude on the services I am requested to provide, then I'd probably consider that shooting live pests is of no concern to me anymore.

The 'rules' I have to play by are governed by the landowners (that I hunt until the predator[s} is shot)..., Consequently, I get to use that land free of charge at any time of my own choosing and, to zero my rifle for however long I wish. I do not have to concern myself with climate and hope the weather is favourable to attend a range on certain days - and those landowners 'rules' suit me just fine

Each to their own I guess

ATB

Archived