SnipersHide Cup 2017

TJC

combine rucking/physical distance and marksmanship over anything up to 2 days and 40 miles of mountainous terrain. I'm sure that wouldn't go down well in Snowdonia Nat Park but imagine doing that and ending up at Orion. That would be a lot of fun !

Easily done, secure your rifle and ammo at the range, go tabbing for the day with extra weight to account for rifle. End up back at the range and have a comp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily done, secure your rifle and ammo at the range, go tabbing for the day with extra weight to account for rifle. End up back at the range and have a comp

We have enough trouble getting you lot to come and do a 100yd waddle down on the flat plains of Bisley, so if you thing a bunch of 50+ year olds are going to undergo a version of SAS selection or BUDS, then you all need to get a grip!

It's Mid Wales, not Currahee!!!!!

We have enough trouble getting you lot to come and do a 100yd waddle down on the flat plains of Bisley, so if you thing a bum knot 50+ year olds are going to undergo a version of SAS selection or BUDS, the. You all need to get a grip!

:D :D :D

We have enough trouble getting you lot to come and do a 100yd waddle down on the flat plains of Bisley, so if you thing a bunch of 50+ year olds are going to undergo a version of SAS selection or BUDS, then you all need to get a '''grip!''

And this leads to a fit 'ting' entrance for me - Hill and mountain fitness in North Wales, improve your fitness, improve your skills base, improve your confidence, your shooting accuracy and precision in a mountain environment. Private instruction from qualified and experience mountain professionals. Oh and it will be fun! PM only, no Q answered on this thread or open forums thanks.

Sorry for the slight hijack chaps.

'''''grip''' acronym - Goal setting, Relaxation, Imagining, Positive self talk :)

I have to say all these negative comments about other disciplines (IPSC), doesn't sound very friendly to me.

If you dont like the sport , please, just dont take part. Shooting is a small enough community as it is, no need to bash each other disciplines on forums. I support all disciplines and hope everyone grows their chosen sport. I might even be tempted to take part in CSR once I have something suitable.

Best of luck with everything anyway guys.

I have to say all these negative comments about other disciplines (IPSC), doesn't sound very friendly to me.

If you dont like the sport , please, just dont take part. Shooting is a small enough community as it is, no need to bash each other disciplines on forums. I support all disciplines and hope everyone grows their chosen sport. I might even be tempted to take part in CSR once I have something suitable.

Best of luck with everything anyway guys.

I bet you're a WNSC member, correct?

22IRman,

IPSC per se is not a problem, it is quite good fun, I would not choose it over say IDPA, but that is actually irrelevant due to the restrictions in the UK.

My 'gripe' is with seriously sponsored teams in any sport ( i.e. more than supplying a shiney shirt ), by funding of someone's shooting - it all becomes too serious. Also gaming is encouraged as a place on the podium is required to maintain the income from the sponsors, if you look at firearms and accessories for IPSC you have the ultimate in gaming it, but as you point out, do not choose this variation on shooting sports if you do not want to do it.

I would not openly put down any shooting sport, not in anyone's interest (caveat: I might make an exception with TR :) )

Brgds Terry

22IRman,

IPSC per se is not a problem, it is quite good fun, I would not choose it over say IDPA, but that is actually irrelevant due to the restrictions in the UK.

My 'gripe' is with seriously sponsored teams in any sport ( i.e. more than supplying a shiney shirt ), by funding of someone's shooting - it all becomes too serious. Also gaming is encouraged as a place on the podium is required to maintain the income from the sponsors, if you look at firearms and accessories for IPSC you have the ultimate in gaming it, but as you point out, do not choose this variation on shooting sports if you do not want to do it.

I would not openly put down any shooting sport, not in anyone's interest (caveat: I might make an exception with TR :) )

Brgds Terry

TR's fine Tezza, but BR is all a bit odd :blink:

22IRman,

Brgds Terry

That's good to hear Terry, nicely balanced view.

Not sure what it's like in other countries but while I have seen the occasional gamey move in uk IPSC , but it's not tolerated very kindly. Maybe it's a relatively new thing here, but I have personally seen the national league winner strip his gun and give spare parts to a new /unknown competitor ( having shot the day before). I've seen one of the top guys spend more or less his entire training day coaching a new guy who turned up to practice. And not got any training in himself having travelled 1:45 to get there. The good guys are thankfully in the vast majority.

The coloured shirts have made an inroad mainly due to the effort to detach from

any military or combat connotations for PR purposes. Not so much for sponsorship. Most of them with manufacturers logos showing are bought by the competitors at match days to support the match organisers with funds for the match costs or as a memento. I don't know anyone who makes a living out of sponsorship in the UK. Sometimes sponsored a rifle (very very rare) mostly ammo or entry costs and such. The match sponsors are only just enough to pay for match costs, gadgetry, mileage for RO and volunteers etc. I think the community has really taken on board the friendly aspect of it and more and more matches are now spreading prizes across the whole field with prize draws, 5,10,15, 20.. place prizes, or everyone gets a match prize such as an engraved whiskey tumbler as Shield shooting centre does. In others the winners just get a trinket medal. No big cash prizes I am aware of.

Saying all this I've only been shooting in national comps for 2 years in the UK. I'll have to bow to anyone's historical experience prior to this.

However I fully agree I really do hate gaming, but I have seen it in most disciplines at some time or another. anyway I digress and apologies to all. I personally would love to broaden my experience and I shall make an effort enter an RBL/CSR/PRS some time this year. I just tried to get open ticket for zeroing as I would quite like the sound of the Roundhouse Rifle Challenge. The licensing office wanted me to have a pre approved land rights. Tried to explain , but you know how it goes with inexperienced staff. Needed ticket back so left it for now. Any suggestions appreciated.

Best regards from the evil spawn of Satan that is WNSC. (Mark ).

Apologies again guys for taking the thread off topic a little.

I've registered for the HideCup at Rifles Only in Texas and also for the Core Long Range Challenge Finale the weekend before in Florida. Can't wait and I'll never complain about the price of a match in the U.K. again....$275 for the HideCup, ouch.

I've registered for the HideCup at Rifles Only in Texas and also for the Core Long Range Challenge Finale the weekend before in Florida. Can't wait and I'll never complain about the price of a match in the U.K. again....$275 for the HideCup, ouch.

Good for you, although it must be said that the post just above yours made me not want to participate in this thread again.

Hopefully we can get enough posts to move onto Page 6 and leave that Dalek® inspired diatribe and drivel behind!

anyone know why the RBL match has been postponed this year ?

JMH (RN Submariner) has resigned as NRA CSR Rep, no one has had any contact with him since the beginning of July, so hard to say.

From what I know he is overseeing the recommissioning of one of our subs and that will lead on to the preparation of the next Sub for major refitting.

As far as I know, no preparations for the match were made and no sponsorship invited or raised, therefore the NRA decided it best to cancel the booking and free up valuable range space

Archived