New Powder Trickler Works Well

John MH

On 1/12/2019 at 6:51 PM, John MH said:

Latest Mod State:IMG_0185.thumb.jpg.e83f26e5e28a7996837a447cf422f9ed.jpg

The Autothrow works really well and the replacement breeze break lid has made a big difference to the stability of the set up. I do prefer the taller breeze break but can live with this as it is for now.

Nice, I just need the new lid and self centering pan and then I have the complete set up. The price of shipping is my biggest hurdle, that hurts.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/26/2019 at 6:17 AM, Elwood said:

Nice, I just need the new lid and self centering pan and then I have the complete set up. The price of shipping is my biggest hurdle, that hurts.

Elwood google.. Northwalesfieldsports.co.uk.. he has a good stock of Area 419 gear for sale inc new lid and self centering pan.

Mick

Could anyone who has purchased an autothrow and autotrickler together recently let me know what the door to doo cost is likely to be to the UK, assuming that I'm not one of the lucky ones whose parcel sneaks through customs un-noticed?

1 hour ago, Plecotus said:

Could anyone who has purchased an autothrow and autotrickler together recently let me know what the door to doo cost is likely to be to the UK, assuming that I'm not one of the lucky ones whose parcel sneaks through customs un-noticed?

Basic rule of thumb is convert dollars to pounds and you won't be far off either way

6 hours ago, Plecotus said:

Auto throw & auto trickler combo shipped came to £325. Can't remember what VAT/Duty came to. Probably around £360 all in.

A&D scales are around £560. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just fitted the v3 Electronics which arrived today - what a difference - money well spent - extremely pleased with the Bluetooth control, it makes setting up the A&D so much simpler with the additional ability to operate the Trickler and Throw independently of each other.

https://www.autotrickler.com/v3-upgrade-for-ad.html

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html

16 hours ago, MarkR said:

Just fitted the v3 Electronics which arrived today - what a difference - money well spent - extremely pleased with the Bluetooth control, it makes setting up the A&D so much simpler with the additional ability to operate the Trickler and Throw independently of each other.

https://www.autotrickler.com/v3-upgrade-for-ad.html

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html

My next purchase, did you get just the electronic part ? and was it direct from them if so what was total cost.

Barrelsniffer, in answer to your question, as I already had Adam's full v2 setup on a set of A&D Scales, with Area 419 Upgrades (like your photo above), all I purchased was the v3 electronics which cost USD $60 plus postage, plus small Customs Charge here in the UK, making a total of £92.57.

22 hours ago, MarkR said:

Barrelsniffer, in answer to your question, as I already had Adam's full v2 setup on a set of A&D Scales, with Area 419 Upgrades (like your photo above), all I purchased was the v3 electronics which cost USD $60 plus postage, plus small Customs Charge here in the UK, making a total of £92.57.

Cheers and with the 419 gear the new bluetooth works well does it ? i have emailed adam but no reply yet, and certainly don't want be paying out again on same bits.

Waiting for mine to arrive, have the 419 stuff but will see which bits work together best. Really looking forward to the bluetooth functionality.

2 hours ago, Barrelsniffer said:

Cheers and with the 419 gear the new bluetooth works well does it ? i have emailed adam but no reply yet, and certainly don't want be paying out again on same bits.

Barrelsniffer, I only purchased  the v3 electronics, which is just a replacement board in the back of the A&D Scales.  Unscrewed the old v2 electronics, inserted the new v3 board, re connected up the Auto Trickler and Auto Throw, and switched on - everything worked as before, but the only difference is that you can use Bluetooth to control both the Trickler and Throw motors independently of each other, but more importantly, you can set your target weight with a few clicks on the related App on your Mobile Phone or Tablet.  At present I have no need to change the old v2 "Lee Powder Meter" Auto Throw mechanism like John MH is doing because of an RS80 powder problem.

I found the Lee powder measure to be a huge weak link in an otherwise great setup.

I hope my V3 upgrade will sort things.

21 minutes ago, DaveT said:

I found the Lee powder measure to be a huge weak link in an otherwise great setup.

I hope my V3 upgrade will sort things.

Same, the plastic Lee measure always felt a bit two bob compared to the rest of the setup, its been crying out for a billet or similar replacement.

Would be very grateful indeed if those brave early adopters on here could post their experiences with whichever of the upgrade components you've ordered.  I've generally found the V2 kit to work well with most of the powders I use but, like a couple of posters on here, when using RS80 for my newly acquired .338, it kept having problems which required eveyrthing to stop while messed about with it.

Evening chaps.  Been looking at the V3 version and have decided to get one.  Advice as to where to purchase please?  I would like a one stop shop where I can do one transaction if possible.  I'm resigned to the excise men stealing some of my hard earned cash.

Thanks.  JP. 

3 hours ago, johnnyb0_1 said:

Evening chaps.  Been looking at the V3 version and have decided to get one.  Advice as to where to purchase please?  I would like a one stop shop where I can do one transaction if possible.  I'm resigned to the excise men stealing some of my hard earned cash.

Thanks.  JP. 

Direct from Adam @ Autotrickler. He's fulfilling pre-orders at the mo, think new orders are looking at shipping circa mid-August currently.

I just wish they would do coding for more scales. Like Ohaus Pioneer series, for example. PA203 is direct counterpart in all technical parametres to the AD120, resolution, linearity, responsiveness... But ADs were never really the thing in EU, while I and many others already have an Ohaus on the bench. Can´t bring myself to justify a new scale now just because of compatibility. Stuck with the Omega trickler for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted full V3 thrower conversion this evening. Works really well and the Bluetooth control via iPhone is awesome, certainly less faffing about. Area 419 straw fits new thrower but the original 'O' ring is to thick, as the threaded portion on the thrower is shorter, so get a thinner one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 10:25 AM, Plecotus said:

529.50 usd