GGG brass and AMP Annealer

Hobbit

Hello

I recently acquired and shot some of Bisley's 7.62x51 Imperial match ammo - I got it for a new Blaser R8 given that I did not want to start shooting a new, collet based rifle with the punchy TRG intended hand loads I had in the safe.

It shot very well btw and the leftover brass looks solid enough. Further it actually weighs more that my lapua 308 brass so the GGG lads in Latvia have clearly not skimped on brass at least!

Any experience reloading this stuff, is it uniform? On a more esoteric note would anyone know or have a rationale approximation for the appropriate AMP Annealer setting for this without me posting 4 cartridges to New Zealand ?? A long shot (excuse pun) I accept but given that the literature seems to suggest that metal mass is relevant but metallurgy is not there should be a way of picking an acceptable program without troubling the Findlay family on t'other side of planet.

Cheers

James

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It is actually very good brass and worth the prep - I say that as someone who only uses lapua otherwise - you can get a primer pocket reamer for very little and job done

I had 40 rounds left and put them through my AI AXMC308 yesterday - it is very good ammo - would love to know what powder type and charge they use under the sierra match king

AMP annealing are now listing 96 as the right program for it so there is some interest ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

I reload the 223 GGG and its perfectly good brass, I use the Dillon super swager to remove the crimp, which once set up, can do around 300 - 350 in an hour, its dead easy with very little effort, so don't let the crimp put you off reloading them.

Archived