While visiting a friend in the US I had chance to 'play' with the current USMC SWS the M40 A5
Basic as issued build spec. and associated kit
- Remington 700 Short Action, Trued up with lugs lapped
- Chambered in 308Win/7.62 Nato Match
- Action slotted to USMC M40A3 Specs
- Correct Remington Precision Rifle Trigger-Custom shop
- Heavy ground recoil lug to Spec.
- USMC 30 MOA Lugged Base
- 25 inch USMC Spec. 1-12 twist, 6 groove, Stainless barrel 1.200 for 4-inch straight taper, contoured to .749" for adapter
- Surefire Comp/Suppressor Adapter model MB762SSAL/RE
- McMillan A4 Stock, Sniper Fill, Adjustable Saddle Cheek, Spacer System LOP adjustment, O.D. Green molded-in color.
- 1 Stud, 6 Flush Cups
- PGW PVS-22 Night Vision Mount mounted in Stock
- TIS Slip Cuff Contract Sling, Coyote Brown with Correct Swivels
- 7075 Alloy Pillar Bedded in Marinetex
- Badger M5 DBM Trigger guard with one 5rd magazine
- Badger Ordnance Steel Rings, USMC Spec 34mm
- Remington trigger tuned to 2.5pounds
- Matte Black Finish
- Schmidt & Bender 3-12x50 Police Marksman II LP scope (ret: Gen 2 Mildot https://armament.com...g/HowToGen2.pdf )
Suppressor :Surefire FA762SS
Shot the rifle in daylight on some steels at a 'pedestrian' 430 yards, function and feel of the whole package is very nice, everything is sorted.
Used the rifle again at night and I was really impressed with the PVS-27, with minimal setting up for my eyes (compared to the owners) the picture was very sharp and satisfying to hit the steel in total darkness and see it all happen.