Great Night Nailing 11 Foxes.

22cf

I was approached this week by a local farmer having a problem with foxes, he lost over a dozen lambs last season to foxes and didn't want a similar situation this season so he asked me to visit various plots of land he worked to thin out the numbers. Me and DazB went out at 21:00hrs and didnt get in till 02:45hrs, during that time we had a great nights shooting, there were plenty about. In total we nailed 11, I missed a couple and I had a runner which I am pretty certain would have died within the hour after being wounded. We did try to find it but wasn't able to pick it up.

This is the last 4 we bagged on the last plot.

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

According to garyw you are not allowed to confuse pest/vermin control with sport :huh:

Ian.

i didnt say "not allowed" just dont confuse the two -ie they are not the same.

But for some people it might be?

yes maybe -but im sure we are all wise enough and sensible enough to keep the two apart im not having a go at the total shot far from it- thats a good nights pest control but there are factions out there that would jump all over stories like this if we class it as "sport".you know where im getting at?

we shouldnt hide the facts that a lot of us on this forum shoot foxes/rabbitts /rats/pigeons/crows etc as pest/vermin control and do a very good job of it-if we didnt then someone else would jump in our boots.lets not give outside groups and we know who -the ammunition [no pun] to fire back .

I dont agree with you gary, all my shooting is a very enjoyable sport be it vermin control or target, as to those who might jump all over us if we classed it as sport **** em i dont give a hoot what they think and i find it quite sad that some individuals choose to be covert over there shooting activities so as not to offend the antis!

Ian

I dont agree with you gary, all my shooting is a very enjoyable sport be it vermin control or target, as to those who might jump all over us if we classed it as sport **** em i dont give a hoot what they think and i find it quite sad that some individuals choose to be covert over there shooting activities so as not to offend the antis!

Ian

I think the sad fact of the matter is that 'they' outnumber us drastically, and if given the opportunity, would use any and all excuses to try and stop us from correctly managing the countryside.

Although the way we manage the countryside and maintain a healthy ecosystem is perfectly humane (and has proven a very successful method for centuries), I think we have a responsibility to show the outside world that we take no joy in taking life.

I think the sad fact of the matter is that 'they' outnumber us drastically, and if given the opportunity, would use any and all excuses to try and stop us from correctly managing the countryside.

Although the way we manage the countryside and maintain a healthy ecosystem is perfectly humane (and has proven a very successful method for centuries), I think we have a responsibility to show the outside world that we take no joy in taking life.

yes maybe -but im sure we are all wise enough and sensible enough to keep the two apart im not having a go at the total shot far from it- thats a good nights pest control but there are factions out there that would jump all over stories like this if we class it as "sport".you know where im getting at?

we shouldnt hide the facts that a lot of us on this forum shoot foxes/rabbitts /rats/pigeons/crows etc as pest/vermin control and do a very good job of it-if we didnt then someone else would jump in our boots.lets not give outside groups and we know who -the ammunition [no pun] to fire back .

I'm sorry but it's attitudes like this that weaken the general publics view and opinions on fieldsports. Instead of trying to push it into a corner and hiding it we should be celebrating all aspects of what we do. As a full time gamekeeper my sole purpose is to produce game to be shot for nothing more than the sheer pleasure of killing it, why do you think hundreds of thousands of people across the country go pheasant/partridge/duck/grouse/deer/boar shooting, because it's good fun. Please don't make us into a closed group and try to hide what we do from the 'others'. It will only make the situation worse. Well done again to the Op for shooting all those foxes, sorry to turn your post into a rant.

Ben

You sound like an old catholic priest, "I think we have a responsibiltiy to show that sex is not to be enjoyed, it is for the procreation of children only"

Ian

Nope, sorry for your oppression, but I can't relate to that one. Sex has always been enjoyed :P

I'm sorry but it's attitudes like this that weaken the general publics view and opinions on fieldsports. Instead of trying to push it into a corner and hiding it we should be celebrating all aspects of what we do. As a full time gamekeeper my sole purpose is to produce game to be shot for nothing more than the sheer pleasure of killing it, why do you think hundreds of thousands of people across the country go pheasant/partridge/duck/grouse/deer/boar shooting, because it's good fun. Please don't make us into a closed group and try to hide what we do from the 'others'. It will only make the situation worse. Well done again to the Op for shooting all those foxes, sorry to turn your post into a rant.

Ben

Bloodsports is a more accurate description, if you wish to stand by your principles.

Archived