Tower scaffold

Akeld

I've been fortunate enough to get hold of some tower scaffold. The intention is to erect it in a likely area and shoot from relative comfort. Question is, does anyone else already use it and would you care to share a few pictures so I can get few ideas please. Thanks

I don't have one but used a few.

Be sure to bed 4 level blocks for each foot or better still use 2 whole sleepers one for each side and drive 4 bits of rebar in so you can slid the tube over.

Tether it down well with 4 guy wires as anything over 2m is very unstable.

One I use a few years back had a roof on and the keeper would often sit out for a fox in the eve and then sleep on it until first light.

I have one - gets a bit wobbly unless you sit very still. Still need to put a couple of props to stop it "twisting".

Apart from that, very comfy and a roof made out of discarded Sainsbury shopping trolly bay roofing panels.

Inside, it is 6 foot by 6 foot. Outside cammed with discarded astro turf :-)

Akled, I have found that scaffolding companies - for the price of some tinnies - will also be glad to get rid of old - but still useable and safe - boards which can be safely secured with some 2 x1 screwed to the underneath at each end and dropped onto the frame. Or use cheap half round guttering brackets to secure board to pipe on the underside.

use-me.jpg

I have one that I made into a fox box. It is in a sheltered area and is held down with Lorry straps. Just in case. If the scaffolding is cheap enough then yes it is excellent. The box is made like a garden shed so it can be assembled and disassembled if I want to move it.

Archived