Athlon cronus

sako89

Hi! I am starting on long range shooting and i already got a Sako trg 22 .308. But still dont have the óptic.

Rifle craft recomended athlon cronus 4.5-29x56 but i don't know the brand and there isn't much info about it. Do you know it? I was thinking also about vortex razor gen II 4.5-27x56, ior recon 4-28x50 or ior crusader 5.8-40x56. what do you think?

Regards

The Athlon scopes are very new - don't get upset because people don't reply, I very much doubt many members have any experience of the Athlon brand.

Hi Sako,

I am a big big fan of the Vortex Razor Gen 2. So much so that I ditched my PM2 for one and have absolutely no regrets, it's a much better scope and certainly a lot more reliable.

The system of zeroing it is very good, the clicks are extremely sharp and precise, the glass is excellent and the build quality is second to none. Might I add that it tracks perfectly too.

Try looking at some of the American sites for feedback on these scopes as the've been over there for a little while now

Think I saw some reviews on snipers hide, but cannot remember what any opinions were

Duey

Yes, i have seen some reviews on snipershide they say good stuff about it i think it hás some problems with zerostop and the clicks arent the best but for the price its OK.it would be nice if rex reviews it

Sako, I'm with DW58, don't get all tissy tetchy. Be nice FFS.

I have an opinion but I'm not going to publicise it here based on personal experience except why go for a product of an unknown quality when there are some proven options out there.

Just sayin' !

just don't be like "Ali G"... you would give a more helpfull contribution to the forum. " just sayin'"

They look good , possible contender against vortex ?

The vortex is great but that's no good if you can't get hold of one !

ior are great optics

There is many good optics out there for longrange

Hi Sako,

I am a big big fan of the Vortex Razor Gen 2. So much so that I ditched my PM2 for one and have absolutely no regrets, it's a much better scope and certainly a lot more reliable.

I don't want to go off post but I've got two PM 2s and find them very reliable if heavy and I'm not a fan of mil rads what problems did you have?

As to the post thers Sightron to consider great service and quality glass.

Hi Montey,

My PM2 didn't track correctly, in fact it tracked awfully. This was rectified. Then later, the zoom ring froze absolutely solid for no apparent reason. Gun taken out of cabinet, went to adjust the zoom, no joy. All of this can be verified by David Thompson @ York Guns who kindly sent it back under warranty to be fixed. Needless to say I wasn't impressed and got rid. The Razor is heavier than a PM2 i'd say but not an issue for myself. Likewise with the MRADs

Thanks for taking the time to reply gues I've been lucky with mine or though I've got the first and second focal plane I have a on off love of mine. They are great to use in a high seat or if I'm in a truck and lamping ( which dosnt happen now I've got the Drones ) but the PM 2 is heavy compared to my Sightrons.

I've had no problems yet but I don't think they are the best value scopes on the market.

• 1 year later...

Sako

I have an IOR recon on my AI and think it is great - they are optically excellent, very tough and apparently track very well - if you can stand the weight the Crusader looks even better

check this out - http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/09/19/tactical-scopes-field-test-results-summary/

if the Recon had more 'features' (more reticles) it would have been top 3

That said I do not have experience with Vortex or S&B - they certainly have their fans and a track record

I also use a 5-50 March (great, high mag and lighter if not military grade ruggedness), 8-32 night force NXS (on my TRG) and Swarovski x5 and I do not regret getting any of them

I have replied to your PM on bushings btw

cheers

Archived