Lone working apps?

jcampbellsmith

JCS

As per BD's comment, depends where you are and what your doing?

If you are an employer the you'd have a lone worker plan/policy.

If you are really remote then iPhones are not really an option, we use an Iridium phone or similar emergency 'one hit' systems.

T

Wouldn't just a phone call or txt at certain times work the same?

Andy

We do use texts at the minute, but they only prove all is well. What I'm trying to do is deal with the situation where someone doesn't complete their stalk. The info above would get us into the right area to start a search.

Regards

JCS

Thanks. Our initial trials have gone smoothly. Regards JCS

I know everyone doesn't use an iPhone but if your client does then the "find my phone" option is extremely accurate (within a few feet) as further back up.

At work, we have recently started using loneAlert.

This seems a pretty good system, subject to the comments about phone signal availability. Its a manned system, though, not just an app., and is probably quite pricey to register for...

I know everyone doesn't use an iPhone but if your client does then the "find my phone" option is extremely accurate (within a few feet) as further back up.

When we lost a stalker on Arran he had an iPhone, doesn't work if there is no signal from the phone, also the phone company charged the Police £6k for activating the search via a ping from the masts.Unfortunately for us the only two masts received a signal back and we could not pin point his location.

I believe now they use the De-Lorme PLB (£150-£200)

When we lost a stalker on Arran he had an iPhone, doesn't work if there is no signal from the phone, also the phone company charged the Police £6k for activating the search via a ping from the masts.Unfortunately for us the only two masts received a signal back and we could not pin point his location.

I believe now they use the De-Lorme PLB (£150-£200)

I know it wouldnt work without a signal but the OP said he had a mobile signal most of the time.

The phone company charged the police £6k for their efforts to find a missing person, not very charitable of them!!

• 2 months later...

I know it wouldnt work without a signal but the OP said he had a mobile signal most of the time.

The phone company charged the police £6k for their efforts to find a missing person, not very charitable of them!!

I believe a ping is different to a phone signal..I'm sure someone could explain the difference.

N

PS Charitable ph

I believe a ping is different to a phone signal..I'm sure someone could explain the difference.

N

PS Charitable phone companies are a myth..

At work, we have recently started using loneAlert.

This seems a pretty good system, subject to the comments about phone signal availability. Its a manned system, though, not just an app., and is probably quite pricey to register for...

I looked into that but decided against it as they said it wouldn't work under a tree canopy or inside buildings/vehicles, it basically needs line of sight with the satellites to work (or did, it may have improved). Look at the man down app, it will do all you want for a few quid, you can even set it to sound an alarm if there is no movement for a user set period of time

Yes man-down looks good for the money, and I like the alarm on the phone bit. Not sure the 1 minute lack of motion would be helpful for stalkers though?

I can vouch that loneAlert works, having forgotten to disarm it and then left my phone in a car for a meeting which went on longer than I expected - oops!!

Archived