Got my annealing machine and spare disc from Lubo today, great communication and great service! The machine is very easy to set up and with the 750 degree tempilaq easy to set the time. All in all I would recommend Lubo and his annealing machine to anyone. Why pay a grand for one when this does the job every bit as well.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine has just arrived, unpacked it and well impressed, great quality and service,

take it for me lads this is a very nice bit of kit,

thank you Ludo for a great service and a very nice bit of equipment that ill set up later tonight ready for the 20 tac and 6mmbr cases. :)

kindest regards

bob.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to sacrifice good cases for the setting up process or can you use old or split cases for initial course settings then a good case for the final paint test ? Would I be correct in assuming if the case has split then the material thickness or condition would be too different to allow any accuracy in the setting up?

Also do you have to set / test each batch you do if the case condition

Varies with time and use ?

Just wondering what you have to factor into sacrificing each time if at all , thanks

Hi Dustyman

I use old cases (never tried a split case) to calibrate the annealing machine. No need to use cases from your 'in-use' batches. I have around a dozen old cases that I use, although now I generally only need 2 or 3 to get it spot on and remember, you can use these same cases each time as there is no variation in rate of temperature increase within the brass whether the case is already annealed or work hardened. I confirm the timing each time with these cases before each batch, and I normally batch through 100-200 each time.

There is some tolerance in the process as long as you avoid the orange flame, or just get a slight whiff of one during the exit from the flame. Therefore, there is no specific requirement to batch on age or the number of firings of the cases as long as you are using the same manufacturer. I only use Lapua cases though, and as you would expect, there is zero difference between a standard 308 case and the small primer palma version of the 308 case.

I wrote my technique earlier in the thread about backing off the timing from the flame to orange changeover; using this technique, I no longer use templiaq. The timing can vary slighty each time (by up to 0.5 sec), but that is probably more down to torch set up and remaining pressure in the cylinder, rather than any variation in the cases.

Hopefully, this answers your queries; if not, let me know.

Paul

Very clear Thankyou for your response . I was just concerned if going to annealing it was an ever depleting pastime , using up good brass every time . Also did not realise you could reuse the brass for Setting each time I thought the annealing process would have meant new , Un Annealed brass would have to be used each time .

Thank you so. Much for your clear explaination , cheers Ian

You're being more optimistic than me.....

I do have a mountain of .303 brass to get through, some of which I need for the weekend.....

The Eagle has landed ... ... ...

Lubo -> Sofia -> Budapest -> Munich -> Hitchin -> Inverness -> DW58

Turns out I don't have the correct type of electrical plug adaptor, so I'll get one tomorrow and fire it up. Very impressed with build quality/finish.

Many thanks Lubo - I'll post full feedback post-testing.

Here you go............"after" is on the left. Once set up, 50 will take around 10-12 mins.............a bit boring, actually.

Might have to design a hopper feed for it............post-11477-0-57296700-1471873074_thumb.jpg

Re-Pete

Before anyone says anything, I only clean (ultrasonic) my cases after 5 or 6 firings.........up to then, they just get the neck and primer pocket brushed out before neck sizing with a Lee collet die, and if they need it, a run through a Redding body or type S die.

Both these Lapua cases have done 13 firings.............

RePete

Both these Lapua cases have done 13 firings.............

RePete

As a matter of interest, are these cases standard Lapua .308 or Palma?

Very clear Thankyou for your response . I was just concerned if going to annealing it was an ever depleting pastime , using up good brass every time . Also did not realise you could reuse the brass for Setting each time I thought the annealing process would have meant new , Un Annealed brass would have to be used each time .

Thank you so. Much for your clear explaination , cheers Ian

Indeed, very clear answer in such detail!

Binnzy(Paul) is great at explaining and his posts usually answer a lot more than what was asked, as he anticipates further questions that may rise.

Please, read his posts carefully and you'll learn a great deal!

You have my admiration Paul !!!

Our machine arrived at lunchtime today - after a bit of experimenting with time-expired Lapua .308 brass, we have since processed 100x .223 Rem, 50x 7.5x55mm, 50x .300 WSM and 50x .308 Win - a delight to use, easy to set-up and fast in operatinon ... ... ... what more can you ask for.

Our machine arrived at lunchtime today - after a bit of experimenting with time-expired Lapua .308 brass, we have since processed 100x .223 Rem, 50x 7.5x55mm, 50x .300 WSM and 50x .308 Win - a delight to use, easy to set-up and fast in operatinon ... ... ... what more can you ask for.

A67814DA-36A4-4A14-8603-EE1C9D7BBD35.jpg

Thank you Lubo - a superb product.

Mine has also landed. Unfortunately stuck in work til 8 or so.....

They're 6.5 x 47. The line around the case was down to a dodgy reamer used when I had the barrel fitted. This has now been re-cut properly.

Repete

What a joy to use!

I paid for mine on 29th July and it arrived on 22nd August, so 3 weeks give or take a day or two.

Lubo is a man of his word and manufactures a superb product - the annealing machine is both functional and very well finished, I'm sure all handloaders will agree that it's £170 well spent.

I showed a video of mine in action to various shooting colleagues at the range last evening, all were impressed.