Adjustable Picatinny Rails

Anyone got any actual experience of using the above...EG...Cold Shot or Ivey Engineering.

Interested in mechanical standard, ease of fitting and use etc.

I've got an ERA tac 70 moa adjustable mount that goes on a rail. I've got it on a .338 30 moa picatinny rail giving me 97 moa on the scope and 50 left on the rail. It tracks very well going back to Zero spot on, each 10 moa increment is spot on right up to 70 moa

They cost around £350 but well worth it if you want to do some ELR

I've got friends with the cold shot with 150 moa that tell me they are not very reliable when it come tracking and returning to zero as they have play in them. Mark from Australia who puts up you tube clips did re work his to take up the slack at that seem to work although he's now using the ERA one.

Tisme / Pete....tis I Dave Thain!

I am very tempted by the ERA as per our earlier discussions but as I am well set for quality rings I just wanted to see if there were options just on the rail vs buying integral rings....the ERA will be my default purchase if the rails look 'iffy' in any way.

Tisme / Pete....tis I Dave Thain!

I am very tempted by the ERA as per our earlier discussions but as I am well set for quality rings I just wanted to see if there were options just on the rail vs buying integral rings....the ERA will be my default purchase if the rails look 'iffy' in any way.

Didn't realise it was you. See you at Salisbury

Archived