New WT1 Thermal Rifle Scopes

CliveWard

Hi All,

We've been beavering away for over 6 months now to get a better specification and lower price thermal rifle scope to the UK market. A week or so ago, we had our first delivery of the production models of our WT1 series thermal rifle scopes. icon_thumbup.gif

WT1%20thermal%20rifle%20scopes_zpsgfttmo
50mm version with 4x optical magnification with 384x288 core and 75mm version with 6x optical magnification with 384x288 core and 3.5x optical magnification with 640x480 core.

WT1%20cased_zpspcsstg6o.jpg
They come in a nice Peli type case with accessory leads and batteries.

WT1%20Anschutz_zpse7dlujgi.jpg
This is the little 4x 50mm version on my .17HMR

Prices are £3500 for the 4x, £3750 for the 6x and £4950 for the 3.5x 640x480 icon_thumbup.gif

384x288 50hz or 640x480 30hz 17 micron shutterless cores
F1 lenses
WT1 50-3 50mm 384x288 gives 4x optical with 8x and 16x digital zoom.
WT1 75-3 75mm 384x288 gives 6x optical with 12x and 24x digital zoom.
WT1 75-6 75mm 640x480 gives 3.5x optical with 7x and 14x digital zoom.
800x600 oled display.
They are considerably better performers than anything else in this price range.
A question we have been asked a lot is the difference between the 384x288 and 640x480 cores in the 75mm lens model.
Both the 640x480 and the 384x288 cores we use are 17 micron and the individual pixels are the same size, so both the 75-3 and the 75-6 resolve exactly the same detail. The larger sensor on the 640x480 means less optical magnification.
The magnification / resolutions available on the two 75mm lens models are:
75-3, 6x at 384x288, 12x at 192x144 and 24x at 96x72
75-6, 3.5x at 640x480, 7x at 320x240 and 14x at 160x120
As you can see if you will be shooting in the 6x-14x magnification ranges, then the cheaper model gives exactly the same level of detail as the more expensive one.
The advantage of the 640x480 is that you have a very nice high resolution image at 3.5x with a wide field of view for spotting.
The supplied mount base will work fine if you have a full length (rearward) picatinny rail on most rifles, but if you don't we can supply reach forward mounts to get the scope further back for correct eye relief. Either a simple Dedal mount for £75 or the very nice MAK Milmont which will absolutely guarantee repeatability for £250 if you want to swap between thermal and day scope.
Full details are on our website here:

Cheers

Clive

Hi Clive, I will happily trial one for you, let's say for about a year. I will then give you my professional opinion :) :) :)

Very good... :lol:

Once I can get the truck to stop doing it's excellent impersonation of the Exxon Valdez I shall pop down for an evening as promised. :P

Cheers

Clive

They look good, how are they for recoil tolerance? Any chance of some footage through them please!

Cheers

S

Looks like the same body as Armasight use, I hope there is no ATN bits in them as they are..........

Nope nothing to do with those companies thankfully. We did try the Thor thermal at IWA and the lag was just awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_KZz4Qm3bU

Here's a little video showing the digital zoom and thermal palette options.

They will handle the recoil of any sporting rifle fine, and bigger.

Cheers

Clive

Gentlemen,

Something odd is going on in this thread, and it's all about rather disrespectful and rude behaviour that does not live up to UKV's first principle.

Several posts have been hidden. 1 member has left UKV.

Please:

No more obviously trolling questions.

No more answering questions 'on Clive's behalf', unless you have his explicit permission to speak for him.

Admin,

My apologies, I was unaware of the site rules regarding "answering for others"

My posts on this thread have been entirely based on my own experience with thermal riflescopes of the type Clive is now selling, but which I imported direct from the manufactuer in China exclusively for my own use over 6 months ago.

I simply felt that the knowledge and experience I have gained during that period was worth passing on to other members who may have an interest in this type of equipment.

As I said in an earlier post, I have no commercial links with the Night Vision Store or with Clive Ward.

I don't understand the "disrespectful and rude behaviour" part of your post - perhaps you could enlighten me?

Cheers

Bruce

Hi All,

I've obviously missed a bit of the Shenanigans judging by Admins post above, but I did see some posts that are now hidden very briefly because I was out shooting at the time.

From what I did see, I would hope the sentiment was well intentioned, if misplaced on this occasion, rather than anything more sinister.

So there is no confusion, I know Bruce to be both very knowledgeable and completely impartial and I always welcome his input on any discussion.

Cheers

Clive

Clive, do you have any footage through either the WT1 - 75-3 or the WT - 75-6 please.

Hi Steve,

Not at the moment, but I'm going to nab a WT1 75-3 off the next delivery and stick it on the .22 Hornet or .223 for some Charlie bothering.

Cheers

Clive

Hi Steve,

Not at the moment, but I'm going to nab a WT1 75-3 off the next delivery and stick it on the .22 Hornet or .223 for some Charlie bothering.

Cheers

Clive

Thanks Clive, looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Starting to catch up now and we'll have some free stock of these this week...at last.

So I'm nicking one to play with.

Cheers

Clive

Whats the warranty on these and is it transferable ?

Whats the warranty on these and is it transferable ?

It's 3 years and transferable. We need a record of the initial sale though, so it's worth keeping hold of the original invoice.

Cheers

Clive

Very good... :lol:

Once I can get the truck to stop doing it's excellent impersonation of the Exxon Valdez I shall pop down for an evening as promised. :P

Cheers

Clive

Landrover no doubt, my Defender has its own internal water feature when it rains.

A

Archived