A huge milestone

nemasis243

Well guys many years ago, when UKV started I was on here most of the time posting about the foxes that I had shot and also the good friends that also came and shot foxes with me,

Due to certain things going on in my life, time behind a keyboard has become very seldom indeed but I just thought I would put a post up saying that last week I shot my 5000 fox since I started counting them some 18years ago,

I remember as a young lad collecting the tails off them , but after about 40 I decided to give that a miss due to the smell where they were hung up, I look back now and wonder what a site it would have been to have collected most of the ones I have shot over the years .

Anyway thanks to all the older members on here who I used to share my exploits with and to all the new members good hunting and safe shooting .

Andy

I read recently that the UK Fox population is around 240,000 and we can see a good half dozen around here of an evening when we head out so all I can say is well done and keep going!

By my reckoning that's about 277 a year, that's some serious fox control........well done!

Or a very large area of land. My shoot yields about 20-30 a year, about 2000 acres.

A friend of mine shoots some enclosed land that has a major town close by, its not unusual for him to have 10 a night.

5000 is one hell of an effort, well done. A friend of mine counts them per rifle, his 22K Hornet alone has over 1000 since 1964, thats his short range rifle, that fact is engraved on the receiver.

A

• 5 weeks later...

Archived