Dolphin AB Bipod

Jay1

Just come across this bipod by Dolphin and wondering if anyone here has one or tried it?? Any reviews or opinions??

What I'd specifically like to know is - Is there any lateral slack / movement once locked down (skids move closer/further apart)??

How rigid is it where the forend meets the arms when levers are locked in place??

Any slack / play anywhere?

http://www.dolphinguncompany.co.uk/index.php/our-products/rifle-parts/dolphin-bipods/dolphin-ab-bipod

I like the look of the design with the "lowering" of the center of gravity / mount lower than the high point of arms which should help with shooting the heavier pills.

TGP - I presume theres a small amount of adjustable "cant" with the head levers? Would you have a guesstimate as to the "footprint" / "wingspan"? Or even comparable to other bipods - wider or shorter? No mention of this on the specs listed on the site.

I can see what you mean by sits "in" the bipod... This is what interests me the most!

This is exactly the kind of product you'd like a "try before you buy" option :)

A mate of mine has just aquired one and loves it.

I was shooting with him on it's 'maiden voyage' and there was no slack during or after shooting and it maintained stability throughout.

The cant is locked by the two levers akin to previous Dolphin incarnations.

The big difference is the weight, or lack of it. If I didn't already have a SEB joy-pod I would definitely consider the Dolphin AB.

Hi there,Jay

I have taken one of these bipods from Mik for testing and all i can say is you would not regret having one of these, i could not fault it in any way, wide footprint, traks well and at just over 500g it's a winner for weight.

Theres not much better on the market at the moment, good job from Mik in the building of it.

Regards Robert Thomson.

A mate of mine has just aquired one and loves it.

I was shooting with him on it's 'maiden voyage' and there was no slack during or after shooting and it maintained stability throughout.

The cant is locked by the two levers akin to previous Dolphin incarnations.

The big difference is the weight, or lack of it. If I didn't already have a SEB joy-pod I would definitely consider the Dolphin AB.

How do you find the SEB joy pod , are they as good as they say?

The SEB joy-pod is fantastic. I really can't fault it.

It's very easy to use and is incredibly light. It's obvious main advantages are the wide footprint and the fact that you can set it far forward of the stock, both of which give stability, and the ability of full horizontal and vertical adjustment ( once you have the coarse height set with the legs).

The SEB joy-pod is fantastic. I really can't fault it.

It's very easy to use and is incredibly light. It's obvious main advantages are the wide footprint and the fact that you can set it far forward of the stock, both of which give stability, and the ability of full horizontal and vertical adjustment ( once you have the coarse height set with the legs).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Around £380.00 from Spud, I also think they're available from Fox and possibly other outlets.

I got to play with my new Dolphin Bipod yesterday and I'm very impressed.

Very well made and finished, rigid and locks up nicely. I shot 22 rounds (308 heavies) at 1000yds and the rifle tracked lovely with the bipod - no hop or jump as I was experiencing with my Evo bipod and once I locked it up and I began shooting I didn't have to adjust the cant once for the entire string which I had to do quite a bit with the Evo, weather this was due to the lower pivot point design (I think so) or a better locking system I'm not sure but I was very pleased to say the least.

I shoot off a board covered with a mat which I find to be a more stable/consistent platform so eliminating bounce/hop was my main priority and the Dolphin worked perfect.

Elevation adjustment was smooth and precise and the wider "wheelbase" really promotes stability.

I should say I'm not bashing the Evo bipod as its an excellent bipod which I used last season with great success but more addressing "my" issues in an attempt to improve my shooting.

The new Dolphin Bipod gets a big thumps up from me. If you get the opportunity to try one DO.....

I got to try a Dolphin Stock also yesterday and I think I'll be ordering one shortly :wacko:

I did say you would not be disappointed, glad your happy with it Jay1

Your were spot on Rob!!

I'll be testing it this weekend with a "pod-pad", I think I'm going to have to cut the pad in half though to accommodate the wide footprint... :unsure:

Archived