Testers wanted for new Tikka T3 accessory

Try going to a CNC manufacturer with an idea. Then pay for their time inputting that into a machine.

Add the materials and an absolute bare minimum of an order of 50. Then have a custom spring made [usually 1000 ] and also a follower cnc,d.

Add to that the cost of coating .

People do this for the good of their health you know. :lol:

£125 is a very fair price.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try going to a CNC manufacturer with an idea. Then pay for their time inputting that into a machine.

Add the materials and an absolute bare minimum of an order of 50. Then have a custom spring made [usually 1000 ] and also a follower cnc,d.

Add to that the cost of coating .

People do this for the good of their health you know. :lol:

£125 is a very fair price.

lol... Gold plated would look bling tho Dave!!! ROTFL :blush::wub::D

How were the test results? :)

Very good, we're ready to hit the go button! This last round of testing was focussed on spring tension and we seem to have nailed it now.

Money is burning a hole in my pocket!,,, .204 sounds like it works? Pm me!

Yep, .204 Ruger works really well too. Independently tested by two different users in the field.

So today saw delivery of the final packaging, some rather neat foam cut-outs and matching die cut boxes...

t3-mag-box_zpsctvsmplr.jpg

t3-mag-boxed_zpslguotos0.jpg

And here's a couple of shots of them on test.

t3-mag-loaded_zps5vjjmljz.jpg

Mag%20in%20Rifle_zpszu6kskye.jpg

So everything is good to go, we're just waiting on the batch to return from the finishers, which should have been yesterday......... watch this space......

For those of you who have pre-ordered we'll also be including a nice hex driver to make stripping and reassembling the magazine a two minute job.

Woohoo. I am probably a bit more excited about this than I should be!

No more fumbling around reloading or swapping mags in timed comps and I don't need to butcher my stock to take an AI mag.. oh, and then there's the extra OAL. I might actually be able to gear near the lands.

If anyone wants a touchy feely and local then that are more than welcome to try mine for a while. Or if your down at severnside on last Sunday's of the month then I'm always there, come have a chat a play.

Since I first pushed the black mag into my 223 I can honestly say I will not be using any of the Tikka ones again. You know when you get something and its just 'right' well, that's what I felt about the black mag when I first got my hands on one.

Excellent. Full video review will be up shortly after I've had a chance to give mine a good running in if you have no objection?

That would be great!

Any info on when they'll be back in stock? Thanks.

There are a couple left, now added to the site

They certainly look very well made - for future runs would it be possible to get the screws anodised/cerakoted/whatever to match the magazines ... ... ... just a suggestion to improve appearance.

They certainly look very well made - for future runs would it be possible to get the screws anodised/cerakoted/whatever to match the magazines ... ... ... just a suggestion to improve appearance.

We've actually got black steel bolts too if you'd prefer a step away from the stainless look.

We've actually got black steel bolts too if you'd prefer a step away from the stainless look.

Sorry - just a point of interest from me, all three of our T3s have AICS-compatible chassis systems.

ah now I see why these are soooo expensive,comes in a nice box :lol:

And with a spare bolt and a hex wrench!

We think these are great value for money considering the time, materials and added features. The many people who have purchased them seem to agree too ;)

The .308/.243 version is starting next week, we hope to have it out in test by the end of August, so watch this space for more details.

Twas out with activeii a few weeks back , took a few pics , handled the mag looked nice as in pics , I'd be getting one had I a t3 , will post a piccy on Phil's rifle if its upload ...nope no option too :(

Archived