radius scope mounted rangefinder

I like the concept, but would worry about alignment issues with smaller targets, as theres no viewfinder would it be picking up the rabbit or the fence post 50 yards in front of it.

Thanks for the advice on the Photon 6.5x50 BTW, got it last week and love it

Like the look of that, $999 according to the website but no delivery option for the UK, I have emailed to ask.

I have been trying justify an Armasight AMRF for quite a while now but they are just so bloody dear for an LRF.

• 3 months later...

Splatty does this one seems to work well tho not seen it used at longer CF ranges Alignment can be set up easier and you can see the Laser blip with Night vision

http://www.customriflescopes.com/#!/Weapon-mountable-laser-rangefinder-5-700m-MK-3-version-308-shockproof-can-work-at-night/p/67972155/category=13698432

I somehow doubt that's going to work as it's in the US and such an item is likely to be subject to ITAR restrictions on export from the States.

Not covered by ITAR AFAIK.

Sorry, but I find that very hard to believe. ITAR is extremely wide ranging and even covers such things as Picatinny adaptors and bipods,I'd be very surprised if it didn't cover a laser rangefinder of this type.

I have friends in the US who could easily buy in the US and ship to them, but I wouldn't risk them falling foul of US Border Control.

Custom riflescopes uk make something on a similar concept. Not as gucci but for 200 quid will do the job. They now rate them upto 308 win but they have done one for me to test on 338lm.

When it arrives I will give it a good testing on 338lm and do a review.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but while we are talking rifle mounted I'm more interested in this scope mounted wind measuring device, going to be telephone number' in price but neat idea?: http://tplogic.com/venom/

it dosnt measure wind its self just able ot be connected to a kestral wind meter

so is my Phone ;)

it dosnt measure wind its self just able ot be connected to a kestral wind meter

so is my Phone ;)

Your mobile phone has LIDAR - *uck me, Apple's really coming on these days? :) LOL

Archived