Is Quickload worth the money?

CRD

Yes, yes and yes.............it's more than paid for itself in time and money saved.

H/man

It's all a matter of opinion. I guess for every one person who thinks it's worth the money there will be one who doesn't.

A lot of the data obtained in Quickload can be gleaned from manufacturers reloading manuals but Quickload covers all of them, so to have the Berger, Hornady, Alliant manuals etc on your shelf will set you back a few quid.

Those manuals will only give you their min and max loads for the bullets they've tested and nothing else.

To take the Lapua/ Vihtavouri online manual as an example, and it is very extensive, it doesn't cover every bullet you might want to use with their powders.

Quickload has the data for just about every bullet and powder combination you can think of and enables a reloader to run a ballistic prediction which you won't find in a reloading manual. Quickload gives data that I've never seen in any reloading manual.

I would suggest taking a look at a copy if you know someone who is prepared to demonstrate it.

The downside of having Quickload is the frequent requests to run it for someone else:-)

Yes....Buy it no regrets.

Do you have an obscure calibre, chances are Quickload will have them them....trying different powders with your bullet, you will see how cleanly they burn before you have bought the powder....not trial and error as previous.

A little frustrating to set up at first but once you know what your doing its easy enough

Agree with Brillo, you get a lot of requests for data.

Yes definitely .

I've had actual MV's within 20fps of the QL predictions. However, although I routinely use it to get a starting point for new bullet/powder combinations, I always load up 2 rounds at 15% below the suggested max charge weight, and chrony them first to get a base line.

I'm rather attached to my fingers, and bolts don't make attractive ear rings.

The max charge weight is clearly shown, and a warning is displayed if you get too close.

Pete

How accurate is it?

Paul

How accurate is accurate? QuickLoad has a clear warning displayed on its opening dialogue box and on the data entry/results/predictions page that says, in brief, WARNING! The data predicted by QuickLoad CANNOT be used as a substitute for information gained from standard manual hand loading manuals or for conventional hand loading development and states to start 10% below maximum loads and never below the minimum loads.

We can assume that the maximum and minimum loads given are accurate and that the predicted results therefore are reasonably accurate but we must assume this is a guide and to stay within safe boundaries take the QuickLoad warning caveat seriously.

Archived