I have a Winchester model 70 .223 with a reflex T8 mod.

The rifle is light and well balanced, but with the T8 attached it becomes ridiculously heavy and cumbersome.

The T8 does a great job but I'm thinking about changing it for something lighter. I'd be grateful for any suggestions or advice with this.

Cheers

good evening,as you say the t 8 is a good moderator but heavy .I have moved over to a wildcat evolution moderator rmuch better balance and to me it is as quiet

Same here, T8 good moderator, but just changed to an evolution, in .22 with a separate bridge section and diffuser for .243 very good moderation in both calibers, and a lot lighter and slimmer, solid build quality and engineering as well.

Adrian

A-tec is one of the lighter ones if light weight and better balance is what you are after you could do worse ,I have one after getting rid of the t8 the t8s work but a bit agricultural by today's standards and as you say very heavy

Lee

I had a t8 it did the job but a couple of years after getting it from new there was bits of rust always coming out and after 4 years i shot it went about 10 feet down the feild because the thread rusted away so now its taking up space in the back of my cabinet but now i gone for a ase sl5 its a great mod but heavy but well built tho , my mate has got a hardy mod and that is very light compare to the sl5

Archived