Help with Boyd stock for Brno 452 .22

Kingy

I would like to buy a pro varmint thumbhole laminate stock from Boyds USA for a UK standard (thin barrel) CZ Brno 452 .22 rimfire ,their website seems to only show the stock being available for the bull barrel version has anyone found a way to remedy or overcome this problem or has anyone managed to get one for the standard barrel 452 so many Brno,s out there someone must know ? Thanks. Kingy (new member )

I wouldn't let the barrel channel worry you, at least it will be free floating. I've just taken delivery of one and have a bull barrel fitted, it only just allowed a sheet of paper between stock and barrel and still needed a lilltle sanding towards the action

Can Boyd's stocks still be imported? They've increased prices recently, and that may affect what they can ship to the UK. I had read somewhere that they had set up a UK distributor and that price were running at around the £170 mark. I bought a stock for a 10/22 last year,direct from Boyd's, and they have a good quality finish for the money and fitted perfectly.

As long as the stock is less than $100 they will send it, although the CF stocks all seem to be over this now, RF (depending on style) are still $99. Not sure of your level of woodworking skills but you could get blanks for even less

Your right guys I'm on holiday in Florida at the moment the price has increased sing I have been here so you can't import over 100 dollars in value I have e mailed rimfire Magic in Yorkshire but they seem to be very slow to reply can't believe how hard it is to get a thumbhole stock for an old Brno rimmy any information should be greatly appreciated any ideas on how much joe west riffle stocks might want for such an item ? Thanks kingy.

Your right guys I'm on holiday in Florida at the moment the price has increased sinceI have been here so you can't import over 100 dollars in value I have e mailed rimfire Magic in Yorkshire but they seem to be very slow to reply can't believe how hard it is to get a thumbhole stock for an old Brno rimmy any information whould be greatly appreciated any ideas on how much joe west riffle stocks might want for such an item ? Thanks kingy.

Hi scrum bag thanks for the reply were you looking for the exact same stock as me and did they quote you a price and a time scale this must be the hardest thing to buy in the world I am in America on holiday amd still can't get one ! The price & quality of these things is great but you can't get one for love nor money have you had any luck with anything similar, joe west stocks want about £350. Tooooo much for an old Brno rimmy cheers Tony.

Archived